Brake upgrade woes

a4-rob

Reaction score
Alright chaps

Need some help,
Im currently upgrading my front brakes, my car is a 2.5 v6 diesel with 288mm front brakes, cool so i bought a set of what was described as 312mm upgrade, so stripped my front end down only to realise that the brakes i have recived are 330mm.

Now to me this is good but the carriers are to large to fit my front legs,

My question is are there any adapters available to allow fitment off these, or any other route i can go without replacing my fron legs?

568ddebb-7a91-4d24.jpg

568ddebb-7ae2-2825.jpg

yup.

Theres not really any room to squeeze in a bracket/converter without spacing the caliper out and meaning it will no longer fit the disk. Plus a set of adaptors is quite likely going to cost you more than a pair of alloy B6 A4 uprights from a breakers.

This is ofcourse assuming the calipers are S4/B6 fitment, you should measure the bolt hole spacing to be sure. The caliper itself looks sort of like a B5 RS4 caliper, but those ran 360mm disks.

On the ad they said s4 calipers and 2 piece discs. 312mm ok so time to hit a scrappy me thinks

yeh, but no S4 uses a caliper like the one pictured...

Can you take some better photos of the caliper itself?

It looks like a w8 brake kit i had for sale a few months ago...They were fitted on me allroad. Discs are custom 2 piece by Goodwood Motorsport and the calipers are similar to facelift rs4... Very, very good brake kit...