ARB on B5 S4

AndyC

Reaction score
Website
www.k-tecracing.com
ok.......

got the Billy B6's, Eibach springs.........

its massively better in control and high speed stability....

but there is a lot of chassis roll and undulation on the Dorset roads....

I am thinking of going for the Eibach ARB kit F + R................

has anyone got any views or experience.........

looking to really stiffen it up .................

Dont touch the front anti roll bar, you'll only increase understeer.

Neuspeed rear bar will make a big difference.

Yep, and making the front end stiffer will only increase it.

Stiffening the rear bar alone will make the car more neutral, with a more positive turn in.

I've got a 17mm Quattro GMBH rear bar to go on mine when i rebuild the rear suspension, but these are rare and hard to find, hence me suggesting the Neuspeed option, who do a 19mm rear bar, which comes with subframe strenghtening brackets too iirc.

ok.......

got the Billy B6's, Eibach springs.........

its massively better in control and high speed stability....

but there is a lot of chassis roll and undulation on the Dorset roads....

I am thinking of going for the Eibach ARB kit F + R................

has anyone got any views or experience.........

looking to really stiffen it up .................

Eibach does not do a rear ARB as far as i know... I have the front 32mm ARB and running rs4 shocks on Eibach springs and it's very good, no understeer at all...i also have the GMBH rear antiroll bar...

your right, they dont do the rear............. I thought they did.... doh!

just out of interest what did you notice when you fitted the front bar

The front feels more planted and i can feel exactly where the car will go ! Its hard to explain but i had different lowering springs at the time i have fitted the Eibach bar and it was a bit too nervous, fine on motorways but twitchy on normal roads. Since fitting the Eibachs and a full 4 wheel geometry alignment at Blackboots the car is a different animal. Stiff but easy to live with and very confortable compared with some other b5 quattro's i have driven. If you find yourself close to N. London give me a shout, i can take you for a ride in it, hurry-up though as i am about to fit a 1.9 tdi AFN engine in it to replace the v6 tdi engine in near future !

Make sure you get support brackets with the rear ARB you go for. I've got the H&R kit fitted with the fat rear bar. Cracked my rear subframe on both sides, and that was only using the soft setting.

Ended up having to fork out a fortune to get the subframe welded up, went through a set of rear tyres quicker than I should have done and still had to buy reinforcing brackets. So make sure you get these upfront!

Hotchkis and Neuspeed both come with brackets as standard. MRC sell the brackets on their own if you go for H&R arbs.