Which bits to monitor in VCDS

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
I'm not sure if this would be better in VCDS or in here for the B5 TDI boys (do we have any girls?).
I decided on here.

I've bought a sonic cleaner, some seals and some time.
I'm going to take my injectors out and give them a clean this weekend and i'm interested to see what difference it will make, if any.
Getting in and driving it is a good one but I want to remove the placebo effect and want some proper figures.

Can any one recommend a good selection of bits to monitors in VCDS for before and after comparisons?

Not familiar enough with diseasels to know what to look for, but tbh i cant really see you being able to log any real difference.

You can compare MAF figures and injected fuel quantity whereever they may be, but the point of a sticking injector is that its not doing what the ECU is telling it to do, so the ECU is unlikely to report anything different once the injector unsticks, it will just run smoother, cleaner and probably use less fuel.

You could try the injected quantity difference between the injectors before and after to see if they balance up a bit better. I think it's around measuring block 12 or 13.