Part number and info please ?

Bradderz_1988

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!
Reaction score
Hi everyone was wandering if anybody has the part numbers for the camshaft chain tensioner, chain and gasket as it is driving me mad on deceleration and what kind of a job is this to replace ie special tools needed, time scale, timing belt off or not ?? thanks in advance.
Cheers.

when i had mine done i got them to do the belt as well
this is a good time to do the water pump also.

I don't have the part number to hand. audi will give you the exact part.
Mine was £349 + vat! just for the part, i was £800 lighter by the time i was finished for that visit.

You sure its the cam chain?

When our old motor was rattling on overrun it was the wastegate in the turbo on its last legs.

No it's definatly the cam tensioner/chain it's coming from rear at top next to bulk head and when I slightly rest my foot on accelerator it goes as it's taking the slack of the chain. Just wana see if I can find one other than a dealer priced one if not go dealers.

Anybody done this job on there car is it a bumper off job to do timing belt when changing the cam tensioner and is there a way of doing it without using the 3366 VAG tool ??

vag 3366 is a tenner on ebay, so no point trying to **** around without it.

Yes the bumper and front panel comes off if you want to do the timing belt. Much easier with plenty of room, just dont drop the front panel on the floor and scrape your headlights like i did!

The timing belt and water pump was done buy previous owner just before I got it but with no milage record to say when it was done I may aswel do it at same time for peace of mind.

Aragon thanks for the info about the wastegate I have checked today to make sure it's the cam tensioner and that's not my problem the noise is travelling round the bulk head, got my ears on a extension bar today on the hot side of turbo and it's rattling like hell, good job you mentioned that but at least some goodness has come off this because now would be the time to upgrade to a k04. Would you recommend any on flea bay such as the ones from shanghai or is this a no no as I have a holiday coming up and don't want to brake the bank to much and will the k04-015 bolt straight to mine and is there any other options ? And is anything else necessary engine wise to cope with the k04 on a standard AJL ?

Its a tricky one tbh.

Cheap ones on ebay are hopeless and will last a couple of thousand miles at best, and finding a good used turbo is a difficult feat.

A new k04 is around 800quid afaik

Your best options are probably either a frankenturbo or a scroll hybrid of some description.

Personally i dont think either options are worth it unless you can get it for a decent price (ie used in good nick). Paying 700quid or more for a new k04 series turbo is in my view a waste of money. I'd suggest you seriously weigh up going down the route of a T28/GT28R or larger. Might cost a little bit more than simply bolting in a k04, but its a far better solution for the money.

You can probably pick up a decent condition used T28 or GT28R from a nissan 200sx for around 300quid, and its good for a genuine 280-300hp. You'll then need a T25 flanged manifold, and custom pipework for the downpipe, charge pipes and oil/coolant lines.

The one advantage the K04 has, is that you can probably get away with bolting it in and not touching anything else, whereas a T28 is almost certainly going to need a remap to suit at the very least.

we stock this chain its a 03g115230 they are 84 pounds inc postage we have sold close to 100 of these all across europe it will save you 100's of pounds please ring 0113 2565676 for more info ask for matt