A4 1.8 non turbo

bagster

Reaction score
Hi i am looking for a cylinder head for a 1.8 non turbo, engine code AVV. Or can anyone tell me if any other a4 head is compatible. Thanks

cams are different but yes..any 20v

ok, the basic head casting and valves are the same, stick your cams and tensioner in job done as JCB said

Search for 'Partsgateway' and '247spares' on google, fill in the details and sit back and wait for quotes to come in. I have used these services before and recently after getting two heads for my V6 at a very good price.

I feel I must say though that although these 247spares type services will get you results, what some of the breakers call 'good condition' & 'serviceable' parts can sometimes leave alot to be desired. Got hit 3 times now with some really shoddy parts. The last time was with exhaust cams for my Bandit 1200 which when they arrived were nowt better than paper weights. Got a refund in the end but was a real hassle. Just make sure you know what you are looking at if you receive parts 'unseen' with these services :sm4:
Si

I feel I must say though that although these 247spares type services will get you results, what some of the breakers call 'good condition' & 'serviceable' parts can sometimes leave alot to be desired. Got hit 3 times now with some really shoddy parts. The last time was with exhaust cams for my Bandit 1200 which when they arrived were nowt better than paper weights. Got a refund in the end but was a real hassle. Just make sure you know what you are looking at if you receive parts 'unseen' with these services :sm4:
Si

I agree that there is a risk with buying 2nd hand, used parts, although there is some warranty on each item you purchase. I may of been lucky and and have received good working parts each time. Once I had to exchange an ECU that wouldn't fit my Pug (Different connection type) and it was exchanged with no problems.

I guess its all down to the company you deal with at the end of the day.

if someone is selling the head without the block i want to know the reason! ****** it? head could be warped, ran it dry without, cam bearing surfaced will be shagged etc etc
you are as well buy used engine, keep the head sell the block or buy a new one/reconditioned one with a warranty
20v engine go for peanuts now anyway.
I sold the crank, rods, pistons and various other bits from a block easily.
paid for the engine

Theres was guy on ebay selling new/recon audi heads for ~£100

I baught a head from him, it looks brand new, and came with new camshafts too. Tuffty also recently baught a head from him for similar money, though his was without cams afaik.

The guys username is "wheelnut69", perhaps worth dropping him a PM.

Really haven,t got time to repair unfortunatly. so open to offers if anyones interested in taking it on. audi a4 estate all mint apart from head.full mot and tax.

Whats actually wrong with it mate?

Stick an ad up if your serious about selling and post it in your sig so members can see the link.

Cam belt slipped done exhaust valves, how do i post it in sig? new to this thanks.

Place your ad initially(Pistonheads, Audi Sport, Ad Trader etc)

Click on user CP at top of your page

Copy the ad page, then link it into yor sig so whenever you post on this forum, people see a link to your ad!

DONT put ads in the actual forums unless its a for sale one, it will be removed!