Pink liquid leaking

skinnyman9000

Reaction score
I've got a leak coming from the under side of the car under the engine and it's getting slowly worse. It's leaking a pink oily type fluid, but it doesn't really smell. Whats it likely to be?

Coolant reservoir is full, and the coolant is more of a orange rusty colour

the resevoir might be rusty colour but the coolant is pink if it has been replaced in the last year.

taste it, if its sweet its coolant if its oily its gearbox or power steering fluid.

What colour will the power steering and gearbox oil be? They were black on my rado

gearbox oil is pinky/red, but smells very strongly of sulphur

PAS fluid is green if its the right stuff, but some moron could have filled it with ATF, which is red, and will kill the seals in the PAS rack...

I've come to the conclusion that it's coolant. The PAS fluid is green, and has a certain smell. I decided to do the taste test on the leaked liquid. It doesn't taste sweet, but it tastes exactly the same as the stuff in the reservoir. Next question is, why isn't the reservoir level going down?

my old cat used to **** pink
just a thought

I've come to the conclusion that it's coolant. The PAS fluid is green, and has a certain smell. I decided to do the taste test on the leaked liquid. It doesn't taste sweet, but it tastes exactly the same as the stuff in the reservoir. Next question is, why isn't the reservoir level going down?

when are you checking the resevoir? just after pulling up ? the water will be at its highest level at this point.
try it stone cold and on level ground