Hey all got my car remapped.

Reaction score
Alright folks i am one happy chappy!

I got my car maped yesterday at Star Parformance.

I spoke to Jim last week and he seemed to know his stuff and i was impressed with their workshop when was there on the rolling road day.

So i booked my car in.

It had 196bhp and 197lb/ft when it went in...it now has 223bhp and 233lb/ft.

I took it for a quick blast before paying to check it felt better and it was amazing!!

In all the gears it pulls far better and in 2nd oh my god reminds me of my mate imprezza when i borrow that.

The turbo has a much bigger kick.

The mpg does not appear to be affected but i only got it done yesterday but my foot has gotten heavier.

Cant stop blasting it now.

To anyone without a remap get it sorted!!

I posted on your other thread too.

Glad you got the result /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm assuming that the newer model 1.8Tqs have the K03s, my collegues must not have, due to the low figures. The other possibility is that Jim installed a custom map on your car, compared to some of the off the shelf K03 180bhp maps.

Anyway, impressive figures, and Star giving their usual good service.

With the K03s it looks like you get better top end boost, and thus your power figure. It doesn't boost (or hasn't been programmed to boost) more low end, as the torque figures are similar to a 1.8T 150bhp rechip...

Do you have a graph to post with boost pressure on it?

Cheers!

Glad to hear you've had it done. It's a great feeling the first time you drive it after the remap don't you think?

Those are the figures I would expect from a remapped 180.

It's a quattro aswell, so I'm sure it could handle much more if you wanted to take things closer to the 300BHP mark with a bigger turbo.

Happy motoring (or should I say driving like a nutter?!!)

Drew.

Yeah i think i will save for a bigger turbo after coilovers..

Not sure what one to get though cost i dont wanna spend too much or have expensive running costs afterwards.

The IHI turbos do a cracking job on the transverse engined cars (Golf, A3 etc). Just ask RichA3Turbo. I think he's running just under 320BHP, but it's more the performance of the turbo itself that makes the difference. It's a roller-bearing design so basically it spins up very easily. For such a comparitively large turbo there's very little lag, and apparently it boosts good and strong to 7000RPM!

Poor old me with my little K03!

Seriously though, money does come into it. I think you're looking at somewhere between three and four grand to do the job properly. And I'm not sure if the IHI is ideal for the longitudinally-mounted A4 engines. I think a custom manifold may have to be engineered.

But, if you've got the cash and the will to suceed, I'm sure it can be done. Can't see me going for any more performance mods now; the car's done over 70k so it would be a bit pointless.

(You should change your signature by the way. You've got more than 196BHP now mate!)

Drew.

[ QUOTE ]
Drew 2226 said:
The IHI turbos do a cracking job on the transverse engined cars (Golf, A3 etc). Just ask RichA3Turbo. I think he's running just under 320BHP, but it's more the performance of the turbo itself that makes the difference. It's a roller-bearing design so basically it spins up very easily. For such a comparitively large turbo there's very little lag, and apparently it boosts good and strong to 7000RPM!

Poor old me with my little K03!

Seriously though, money does come into it. I think you're looking at somewhere between three and four grand to do the job properly. And I'm not sure if the IHI is ideal for the longitudinally-mounted A4 engines. I think a custom manifold may have to be engineered.

But, if you've got the cash and the will to suceed, I'm sure it can be done. Can't see me going for any more performance mods now; the car's done over 70k so it would be a bit pointless.

(You should change your signature by the way. You've got more than 196BHP now mate!)

Drew.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say your looking at closer to £5k really (thats what it cost me anyway.... i think! Cant say i've ever added up the final cost!) I reckon you could get the IHI to fit the A4, but would need a custom manifold and the compressor housing would need to be turned so the outlet was in the correct place (easy!) But for the general hastle, you may aswell go for the GT28RS as its an available solution

As you say, lag is minimal given the size of the thing, but the mid range and top end is rather fantastic!

Rich

Yep... IHI is great. Running at 1.3bar(340BHP) I had full boost before 4k and things tyres were lighting up at about 2500... so lag really is not bad for such a big turbo.

So what is the standard BHP on a A4 2001 1.8T Quattro? As i thought it was 160BHP.

[ QUOTE ]
HopA4TSport said:
Looking at Parkers the 1.8TQ is 150Bhp. The 1.8TQ Sport made in 02 with 160 Bhp along with others.

Confused even more now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Check out the url - I'm sure all will make sense

The B5 quattro was 180. But B6 (2001-) is a different story. I think. Yes, it can get rather confusing!

B5 1.8T FWD - 150
B5 1.8T Quattro - 180
B6 1.8T fwd - 160/190
B6 1.8T Quattro - 160/190