Front Window question

TDI

Reaction score

Woke up this morning to find both my windows down and boot slighty open, but the doors were still locked and nothing was missing. Is someone about to steel the car or is there a problem with the car? has it happened to anybody on the forum?

Cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Hi, do you have kids?

Might seem like a strange question, but this has happened to me a couple of times before, shortly after I bought my A4 (B6) and I was baffled ... for a while!

It turned out that my 5 year old son had been playing with my new key in the hall, within range of the car on my drive. (The flip style keys are a great toy, it has to be said!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Pressing the various buttons he'd obviously managed to open the windows and the boot. But since the car door was not opened, it then automatically locked itself again, but leaving the windows/boot open.

If its not the kids, then could it be you sitting on the key whilst its in your pocket, or something similar?

I now always check the car when I lock-up at night, and keep the key by the bed. Its not happened since.

Hope this helps.

Miek

i came out too my a4 one day shortly after i got it too find the passengers window fully open.
also it had rained so the inside was soaked.
i put it down too knocking the switch as i got out the car.

I had similar problems with unlocking and boot opening. Discovered it was due to buttons on key fob being pressed when I sat down. Solved probem by getting key fob cover off ebay, about £7. It replaces the large button area with a hard surface and a narrow strip down the middle that you press below the surface to actuate - works just fine

How Spooky /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif The same thing happended to me today, although only one window was all the way down, and the car was locked in a secure car park, it was P&$ssing down with rain though and after 2 hours I came back to an Audi version of a fish tank, not happy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

It happended about 4 months ago as well, although all 4 windows down and the car locked that time parked on front drive.

Random software fault in control module ??, if so VagCom is not seeing it

Any thoughts out there.??

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
GezzerS4 said: it was P&$ssing down with rain though and after 2 hours I came back to an Audi version of a fish tank, not happy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry i know its not funny but i was PMSL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

All of these have happened to me. Just be careful what you press,

(and if you have children, sell them) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

I had various problems with my front windows, turned out to be the central locking pump/control unit.

The rear window seal between the glass and the metal frame was coming apart and water was running into the boot and over the central locking pump unit which is located behind the boot cover on the right hand side.

Only played up after heavy rain!

The unit also controls the interior light and auto closure system for the windows + the alarm.

Just incase yours is related.....

Jim.

I have a similar problem, although it's not as bad as yours. My indicators no longer flash when i lock the car. They flash twice as normal when unlocking.

Has anyone else had this, i haven't looked into it because it hasn't caused me any problems............yet. :)

Sorry Guys been away, and wasn't able to reply until today. Don't feel that worried now after your comments, don't have kids so it must of been me, may have sat on the keys or something as it hasn't happened again. Thanks very much for the replies!