Found engine code (1Z) on the sticker in the boot, where on the engine is it too?

J

jonnycraig

Found engine code (1Z) on the sticker in the boot, where on the engine is it too?

My car has had a refurb gearbox, and was told before I bought it that it was a 110bhp, the 1Z sticker says its 66KW so its a 90bhp, Im wondering now if it had an engine swap too, so where on the engine block is the engine code so I can be sure, Ive insured it as a 110 :/ not a 90!

Cheers

J

On my 058 block its on a milled flat, just below the cylinder head mating face, on the passenger side of the engine.

Its very hard to read, and buried under the inlet manifold on a petrol, but might be easier on a derv as its inlet is on the other side.

My car has had a refurb gearbox, and was told before I bought it that it was a 110bhp, the 1Z sticker says its 66KW so its a 90bhp, Im wondering now if it had an engine swap too, so where on the engine block is the engine code so I can be sure, Ive insured it as a 110 :/ not a 90!

Cheers

J

Post a picture of the engine bay, if the turbo sits low in the engine bay close to the chassys leg then it's 110Bhp, if it is high on the engine close to the airbox (this will have a metal deflector plate bolted on the side by the turbo) then its a 90 Bhp. The gearbox code is at the back of the engine block on a straigh milled surface but as mentioned above, it will be hard to read...