want to replace head lights on a4 1.8t sports

anwar

Reaction score
i have got a4 1.8t sports 97 i dont like its original headlight.i want to replace with 2000 model a4 is there any chance i can fit those headlights straight in to my car ?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

it can b done quite easily i believe. Ive got a97 A4 TDi as well as the S3 and looked into this conversion. Apparently when you remove the old headlight there is a metal bracket attached to the body which has to be removed. Best way to remove this is to cut it away with a Dremel tool. Paint the bare metal edges. The connecter has to be modified too in order to fir the new headlamp. Not a problem if u understand basic car electrics. The mods dons and the headlamp should fit in perfectly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

thanks mate. but do i have to change the wireng as well because its got a different wireing at back of new head lamps? could u advice me what else i can do with a4 because i am not use to this car i had honda civic 1.6 vti the looks in this car s bit boring. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif thanks you very much for your help

18" RS4 wheels, caractere full bodykit or sports kit from s3-tuning.de, debadged esh front grille (kame or somethig similar) Milltek system exhaust with 2x shiny fat tailpipes. Get it chipped, and lower it about 40mm all round. Also a set o0f porsche calipers wuld look sweet!

Rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Rich, did all that just roll off ur tongue ?? Why didnt u suggest under car neons and the blue windscreen nozzles too. oo oo how about some wicked 19" three spokes !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

The headlamps will have differnet connections on the rear which i think u should be able to just rewire if im correct, although im getting an incling that you may need to get hold of some new connecters from Audi, which shouldnt be too much of a problem coz i know they are available.