Volks AutosSky Insurance
    imported_my_audi_is_brok

my audi is broke agin

hi i have a audi a4 r reg 2.8 v6 30v and i my mum went to get in it today to start it and the engine just turned over not even tring to fire it sounded like the engine had no compresion i have no idear what the prob is and i cant do any thing till amd is open tommrow so if any one could give me a rought idea what could be wrong with it let me know

cheers mike

ps yes it has got petrol in it

2. # ADS
    ADS

28v6

Re: my audi is broke agin

Hi Mike

Why did you automatically assume "no compression"? have you tried putting a socket on the crank and turning the engine over by hand, that way you would feel if there was compression... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Now.... Does the car have an immobiliser? It may have kicked in or failed in the cutout position hence no starty.. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Are we getting a spark at all?? Have you pulled a plug to check for a spark? Is the engine seperate coils to each cylinder or is it wires to each?? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Was the car running before, if so when? for how long? and how did it sound then?? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/****_you.gif[/img]

I'm aware that the car has had a rebuild, I read your earlier postings, so I'm just trying to get a better picture in order to help.. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

Neutral

Status

Re: my audi is broke agin

Maybe the battery is dead?