my audi is broke agin

• Thread starter imported_my_audi_is_brok
  • Start date
I

imported_my_audi_is_brok

hi i have a audi a4 r reg 2.8 v6 30v and i my mum went to get in it today to start it and the engine just turned over not even tring to fire it sounded like the engine had no compresion i have no idear what the prob is and i cant do any thing till amd is open tommrow so if any one could give me a rought idea what could be wrong with it let me know

cheers mike

ps yes it has got petrol in it

Hi Mike

Why did you automatically assume "no compression"? have you tried putting a socket on the crank and turning the engine over by hand, that way you would feel if there was compression... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Now.... Does the car have an immobiliser? It may have kicked in or failed in the cutout position hence no starty.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Are we getting a spark at all?? Have you pulled a plug to check for a spark? Is the engine seperate coils to each cylinder or is it wires to each?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Was the car running before, if so when? for how long? and how did it sound then?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

I'm aware that the car has had a rebuild, I read your earlier postings, so I'm just trying to get a better picture in order to help.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif