Chris NottSky Insurance
    Lord wont u buy me a V10 R8!

Status

Question Couple of S4 Questions

Morning,
    A couple of bits for you guys to get your teeth into........

1.) My little darling seems to let out a little puff of blue smoke upon starting. this is only on turn over, so it going to be the valve stems? I have noticed mine going through a litre of oil every couple of months, but I thought that was quite normal for this engine?????

2.) My Heater Blower has just given up the ghost, so have been looking at replacements. Now are the cheapy GSF units for about 50 any good? As I cant justify the hundreds of pounds Audi want for one! Also ive seen that the general fault is the bushes, so how hard is it to solder in some new ones????

Any help is always appreciated

Nathan
    2000 B5 S4 - MRC Remap - RS2 Sparks - Pipercross Element (dried) + Modified Airbox - Forge Divs - Samco Hose's - KW's dropped 50mm - 18" RONAL R41 in gun metal grey - Black Diamond Combi Disc's + Predator Pads - Brushed Alloy Mirrors - Short Shifter - Full Recaro - Carbon Trim - Bose. More to come, watch this space.......

2. # ADS
    ADS

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    gsf heater motors are ok iv used a few never any probs
    and how many miles are you doing in the few mth for a ltr to go

Status
    about 150miles a week. I spose Ive put half a litre in it in the last two months
    2000 B5 S4 - MRC Remap - RS2 Sparks - Pipercross Element (dried) + Modified Airbox - Forge Divs - Samco Hose's - KW's dropped 50mm - 18" RONAL R41 in gun metal grey - Black Diamond Combi Disc's + Predator Pads - Brushed Alloy Mirrors - Short Shifter - Full Recaro - Carbon Trim - Bose. More to come, watch this space.......

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    it could be the turbos or the stem seals, both can give similar symptoms.

Does it smoke if left idling for say 5 mins once hot?

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    1200 miles and half a ltr of oil
    id say thats to much and with the blue smoke
    as you say could be worn stem seals
    how many miles you got on the car

6th Gear

Status
    Probably worth pulling the lower intercooler hoses off to see if you have any oil in there. Anything more than a light coating and it could suggest either turbo seals on their way out or excessive oil coming from the PCV breather which could just be a dodgy one-way valve.
    Mo power, mo problems

Status
    well it only smokes when I turn it over. doesnt smoke when driving, i get a bit of a cloud of carbon when i boot it, but thats been the same for as long as I can remember. The dipstick is ****e, so i wonder if im over filling it and its spitting it through, cos it doesnt do it all the time??? also im sure my cat is dusted in the left bank, so again, I hope i didnt kill it with extra oil........... cars only done 79k. I cant b arsed with it at mo, fuel prices are getting mental, i might just cut my losses and get a wiesel.