Couple of S4 Questions

nemo2182

Reaction score
Morning,
A couple of bits for you guys to get your teeth into........

1.) My little darling seems to let out a little puff of blue smoke upon starting. this is only on turn over, so it going to be the valve stems? I have noticed mine going through a litre of oil every couple of months, but I thought that was quite normal for this engine?????

2.) My Heater Blower has just given up the ghost, so have been looking at replacements. Now are the cheapy GSF units for about £50 any good? As I cant justify the hundreds of pounds Audi want for one! Also ive seen that the general fault is the bushes, so how hard is it to solder in some new ones????

Any help is always appreciated

Nathan

gsf heater motors are ok iv used a few never any probs
and how many miles are you doing in the few mth for a ltr to go

about 150miles a week. I spose Ive put half a litre in it in the last two months

it could be the turbos or the stem seals, both can give similar symptoms.

Does it smoke if left idling for say 5 mins once hot?

1200 miles and half a ltr of oil
id say thats to much and with the blue smoke
as you say could be worn stem seals
how many miles you got on the car

Probably worth pulling the lower intercooler hoses off to see if you have any oil in there. Anything more than a light coating and it could suggest either turbo seals on their way out or excessive oil coming from the PCV breather which could just be a dodgy one-way valve.

well it only smokes when I turn it over. doesnt smoke when driving, i get a bit of a cloud of carbon when i boot it, but thats been the same for as long as I can remember. The dipstick is *****, so i wonder if im over filling it and its spitting it through, cos it doesnt do it all the time??? also im sure my cat is dusted in the left bank, so again, I hope i didnt kill it with extra oil........... cars only done 79k. I cant b ***** with it at mo, fuel prices are getting mental, i might just cut my losses and get a wiesel.