height problems

sash

Reaction score
what could cause the wheel to be closer to the wheel arch by 10mm on one side compared to the other?

Its not the shocks or spring (new H&R coilovers) and I dont think its the wishbones either (replaced on the side that has the problem).

fuel? didnt realise it weighed that much.
Well the problem is at the front passenger side and rear driver side as well.

I would guess 60 Litres or so of liquid does weigh a lot, however I guess it depends on your suspension (which I guess is quite stiff anyway) and the distrbution of the tank under the car - I dont know how the tanks lie under the car, perhaps someone with more knowledge can state if the tank is central or more towards one side.

On saying that if you have the problem front passeger and rear driver side - I doubt my thought is correct.

Equally if you still have this problem when your low on fuel - my thought's definately incorrect (have you looked ?)

Absolutley agree there - £90 per hour I think was the last rate at my Dealers (Peter Gilders). But I guess it's worth it in the long run.....

if you have coilovers you have not adjusted them properly, just adjust the high side 10mm lower, easy that will be 50 quid please

S4ish

Have you changed your ABR's with poly bushes at all? I had the same problem (car leaning to r/h side) on mine and ended up changing the shocks and springs. Found out it was the silocon grease gone out of my ABR poly bushes and the friction of the bushes was keeping the springs compressed. I did put a more detailed post in the handling section previously.

Guys, there are no spacers being used and the side thats too low is rubbing, i need to raise it 10m not lower it.
welsh dragon, i thought it may have been the arb. I made the mechanics replace it with a new one when i had the car in for the accident, not sure if they replaced the bushes though. Once it was replaced it still had the height problem. I must admit that i didnt check the bushes, I will get them to check it out when i take it down for the service. How much was the difference in your height?
Gonna go find that post. Thanks for the ideas everyone.

s4ish,

Mine was down about 1/2 to 1 inch or sometime level, this was front and back of the vehicle. The thread is the one about ARB's in the handling section. BTW what side is down on yours out of interest mine was the drivers side.

Mine is down on the passenger side on the front by about 1/2 inch and rear is down on the drivers side by the same amount. May be both front and rear arb bushes need to be checked, hmm