Fuel additives

TiAg with Kiwi/Alu is probably not the best combo IMHO. If you really like the interior, then Silver Grey might suit better. I suppose that you're limiting yourself with the Kiwi, as it's really an acquired taste (if you're concerned with re-sale values).

How about Silver Grey or CB with Imola? Or if you want to be different, even TiAg with LSB leather might be better. There is one near me with that coimbo and it looks OK.

Just depends on how set you are with Kiwi leather. Just don't get PY and Kiwi whatever you do! LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laughing.gif

Matt

Subject: Re: m3 cab purchase

Good advice, and I agree with you 100%. The way some people knock certain colour combo's is like playground mentality.
I also think that having a safe colour can go againest you, as the purchaser will have plenty of Silver etc, cars to choose from! In my opinion all M3's look stunning, and lets face it BMW know what they are doing I'm sure, and wouldn't produce a colour that doesn't compliment their cars in some way.
Someone on this site stated that PY was not even a proper M3 colour. I would argue that it is more so, as it is exclusive to the M3, unlike some of the others, which can be described as BMW range colours.
Anyhow, enough of this, as you can tell it really got to me, but listening to yourself and others I have decided to go for my colour choice, and buck the popular trends.
Interested to read what people where saying about M3's in the wet. How to you find yours? Out of interest I turned off the DSC on my 184bhp Diesel this morning on the way to work, and got the back end sliding about quite easily! So goodness knows what a 300+ bhp car is going to be like!

Whilst i was tossing another day off before going back to work, i caught an advert on one of them [censored] shopping channels about CATACLEAN.This is meant to be an all singing,all dancing fuel additive that apparently works.Now im not sure if its a load of LOX or wot but i was wondering if any of you dudes have tried this stuff in ya 4's or S4's ?

Yeah i have seen that too. On newer engines i think it would be ok but older engines could cause a whole host of problems due to it cleaning all the carbon deposits which could be covering and sealing small holes! So it could turn out to be a disaster using it but then again maybe not. Give it a go and let us know how you get on mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yeah cheers cj,my S4 has done 74k,wasnt thinking of using it untill someone who has advises me.Dont think i need to use it but would if it worked coz them cat converters are expensive to replace.

Yeah i was only jokin when saying you should be the guinea pig hehe! But if i recall i think there maybe a post from a few months back on the same sort of thing and most people were saying to avoid it but i maybe wrong so dont quote me on that. You should get a few replies soon the guys on here are well clued up on most stuff! How much is a new cat for an S4 these days. 400-500 quid? Good luck anyway mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Guys on the RS246 forum (am I allowed to mention another forum on here?!!!) swear by the Millers octane plus additive to S4's and RS4's. This adds a couple of RON to whatever fuel you put in.
Although you mention Cataclean and that it works you don't mention exactly what it is meant to do. I assume clean the injection side of the engine?

John

Oh it gets better (There's another link to this on the "general chat" forum as well. I'd not seen it before but some folks have).