a couple of question's

robert1303

Reaction score
hey guys, just a quick couple of question's. since i've had the audi i have had the power steering rack replaced. ever since then i've noticed when driving, say along the motorway when i let go the accelerator without pressing the brake pedal, i get a sort of shuddering/knocking sound which appears to come from the middle to front of the car. i also get a very light shudder through the steering wheel but this isn't all the time. any idea's?

also does anybody feel that the their clutch pedal has a high biting point. i was told this is a self adjusting clutch. is this true?

cheers,
robert.

I had an A3t which sometimes used to have a vibration through the steering wheel when I lifted off the accelerator. It only really did it above 80 mph on roads that weren't perfectly smooth. Changing the track rod ends seemed to improve the problem - not sure if yours were changed with the new steering rack?

The A4 has a hydraulic self adjusting clutch so the biting point will be quite high - nothing to worry about.

cheers for the replies guys. i've managed to get booked in at audi for the control arms recall check so will prob find out at the same time if they notice anything else. the guy at audi did say it was only the check that is free and i would have to pay for the replacement arms if needed, unless i have full service history, the car hasn't been modified(ie lowered) and nothing else related to that part has caused it. is this true as i have read that a lot of people had them replaced FOC without service history. my service history only goes up to 2003 with the previous owner.

anybody else had this problem with audi?

cheers,
robert.

Audi said it must have a full service history but doesn't have to be from Audi dealers. My '96 A4 has been serviced by independent garages since 2002 but they couldn't replace the arms FOC because they are non-genuine parts. I knew they had been replaced by the previous owner 18 months ago and that they were not genuine Audi arms but it didn't cost anything and they checked the rest of the front arms & bushes at the same time. (Wasn't prepared to pay over 300 pounds for the two rear arms to be replaced when I sell them myself every day in the trade for about 50 pounds each!)

[ QUOTE ]
fallmonk said:
WHOS doing your work robert???
is it glas audi?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah the one at braehead. booked in for 5th feb. bit worried about driving the car about incase i'm making it worse, but no choice at the moment. will update you all on how it goes.