• EEERRRKKKK My eyes hurt they are horrible

Votes: 16 55.2%

• Total voters

aragorn

"Stick a V8 in it!"
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Been thinking about the wheels for shed. They're seriously corroded, so i thaught they'd probably benefit from either being painted or powdercoated.

I came across a photo of a 911 GT3 RS, and decided to try and replicate the styling theme, so picked up some paint, and roughly painted two of the rims to get an idea of how it would look:

car1.png

Thoughts?

sounds daft i been thinking of doing same thing in reg or powder blue ... and so the audi badge at front same colour ???

Probably do the rings black and the surround the same color as the wheels.

This is the Porsche color i mean:

PorBlkGT3RSA.jpg

I think it works a bit better than the red?

Try and replicate the Porsche orange from the GT3 above?

And also lower it while your there if your feeling in the mood :p

004.jpg

something like this my friend

01-porsche-911-gt3-rs-live-620op.jpg

Last edited:
I like the red and the orange, lairy colours for the win.

by the way, what are those wheels called? im new to the audi scene and aint got a scooby about em :) really like them though

A light anthracite would look far better i would say. Lairy wheelg go on jap cars,not so often on audis etc.

A light anthracite would look far better i would say. Lairy wheelg go on jap cars,not so often on audis etc.

The avant has anthracite already. Was gonna do the same here, but then thaught why not go a bit lairy.

Its just a bit of fun really, the Sheds bodywork is humped, theres about 3 different colors of black and the rear quarter has been dented and beaten back into shape with a hammer. I kinda like the fact the wheels make you think "WTF?!" and it draws the eye away from the rest of the paint somewhat!

Plus if i get bored, i can always revert to some other color, and keep the orange ones for track tyres or something. I have 15 boleros atm, so if i get hold of another one i have enough for four complete sets of tyres. The avant already has a winter set and a summer set.

Ha ha I read you post before thinking you had 15" Bolero's where as you meant you have 15 wheels. I was thinking if you had 15" wheels they would struggle to fit over the brakes.

Do it! Bright wheels are awesomes :D

My mates just put some Rota GTR`s on his R32 GTR in the GT3 Orange. Looks good!

I like the red and orange Kev, but if you go for it i think you have to tie in other parts, mirrors etc to make it work and maybe even get some vinyl up the sides similar design to the Porkers, would look wild!!!!

Maybe somebody can do a photoshop of it see how it goes????

I emailed wheel repair centre for a price but they've not got back to me.

Theres a place in blackpool called Tec Coatings that quoted me £35 a rim for strip, blast and powdercoat which seems a decent price. Some places want 50quid or more, and i dont really fancy spending that much!

I sprayed the ones on the Avant myself and probably had change from 30quid for doing all four, but unfortunately these rims are really badly corroded so they'll need stripped and shot blasted.

I don't think the bright colours suit at all to be honest mate IMO.

Why not OEM?.. good enough for Audi.

i agree with lee, if you go coloured you'll just look like another tool trying to make their car look "track spec"

OEM's not happening.

I hate silver, and will be removing every trace of it from the car, including the tailpipes!

If not coloured they'd have been going anthracite/gunmetal/black instead.