Headlight washers inop !!

Bradderz_1988

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!
Reaction score
Hi all again, Firstly a bit of insight to how they work am I right in saying they work on every 3rd squirt of the windscreen jets ???

Secondly they don't work at all lol - fuse allocation? Common problems ??

Thanks

On my S4 they operate everytime you use the washers whilst your headlights are on.

I've had problems in the past after the bumper has been off because air has got trapped in the pipes. Usually after a while the air will clear (and I'm talking like 20+ washer cycles!) and they will start working fine again. Not sure if the headlight washer pump shares the same fuse.

Cheers blue thunder just I didn't think it had them and I got curious and pulled the cap and yes I do have them so if I have them I want them to work lol is there a separate pump for the headlight washers or is it run off the same pump for windscreen ?? Were is the fuse located ???
Thanks

yep they have seperate motors however share the same washer bottle, i think its a 4.5lt
it could have been disabled if previous owner got fed up of losing too much water?

have you tried what Blue Thunder says with using the jets with the headlights on?

Yes tried with headlights on also I checked the owners manual today and there isn't a listing for fuse for headlamp washers so presumably it runs off the same one for windscreen or will it run of heated washer jets as I don't think mine are working ?? To check power supply to the h/lamp washers is it a bumper of job or would I be right in saying pop both front lower bumper grills out ??

The jets in the bumper arent electric. the electrics just goto the pump which is in the windscreen washer tank

Yeah I sussed that out now after having a quick look through osf grill and they open up from water pressure (which it says in the manual that I didn't read) also had a good look at fuse locations and found that there's a 5amp relay fuse that was ok which runs h/lamp washers g/box lighting instrument lighting and other stuff I no my g/box light doesn't work (maybe just connection as had g/box out a while back) so I'm presuming my pumps just knackerd going to have a good look at weekend and take pump out and put 12v feed to pump and see if it's knackerd ! Thanks for info guys !!

i had problems with mine, it stopped working suddenly, turned out to be the motor was bust. fitted new motor, before they operated on every third wash of the screen (with lights) now with new motor the only way it works is if you hold the stalk down for about 5-6 seconds (with lights on) it was a brand new genuine motor and i cant work out how changing just the motor has altered how it works???????????

in mine it only works with headlamps on and after holding the wash on fo a couple of seconds , if you get someone to listen to near the washer bottle you should hear it kick in after a few seconds of holding the windsreen washers on. The pump cracks and loses fluid its the one halfway up the tank .