central locking / keyfob

mad cornish pastie

Audi novice handle with care
Reaction score
my central locking was working fine untill i put the keyfob through a 40 degree wash..:(
i have tried reprogramming it and another fob i have but no luck (only to be expected) but when i use the key on the boot it unlocks all the doors and boot but causes the hazards to flash fast so i have to disconest the battery.
but when i use the drivers door it only unlocks the drivers door and the central locking doesn't work. when using the key in the door should it unlock the others?
this is the key how do i know what to get as they seem to run on different Mhz...:ermm:
DSC00663.jpg

thanx in advance

facelifts are odd as using a key in the lock wont activate the c/l, the flashing without noise means your siren is knackered aswell
have you tried opening it up and drying it out with hairdryer

correct part number for fob part is 4D0 837 231 A (ive got one for sale if you want it)

if it still starts car you should be able to use it to reprograme a second fob, what instructions are you using?

1. Using your original key Switch Ignition ON but do not start engine and leave the key in the ignition.

2. Mechanically lock the vehicle using the Drivers door using a second key.
If you only have one key put the drivers window down shut the door and lock it using the button on the inside of the door.

3. Using the remote control press the Unlock button once, and the horn will sound once.

4. Wait 6 seconds and press the unlock button once to activate the coding procedure. The remote control will now be programmed.

oh and how much for youre fob? at least i can rule out if my fobs are faulty with another..

thats interesting
if that works then you only need one key, ive always thought a second key had to be used in door lock

the door lock has no "sensor" to detect the presence of a key, just a mechanical barrel which pushes a microswitch.

If it works as described you wouldnt even need to roll the window down or get out tbh, just sit inside the car and press the button.

so is that the proper way then? thats what i bought off ebay in desperation lol
oh and where is the alarm horn located as there's a facelift same as mine in my local scrappy...

the method works with the second key in door lock, will test the button pressing alternative

is your second fob original to the car?

siren is located under pump in boot

the second key fob came with the ca,r but never worked so, i'm assuming it is the original with the car

i'm still stuffed, i even bought another key fob (same number) and it still wont programme,i was told it could be the control unit in the boot? i know the horn didn't work on mine so changed it for another from the scrappy and it still doesn't work. oh and when i put it back i seemed to have 2 wires wre don't seem to go any where.

please can someone shed some light on it.....

Try with the window down just in case - switch ignition on press button on drivers door just to open(so you can get out) hold both lock buttons on key down for 10 sec's, get out and lock the door using the blade and when you turn it to lock press lock button on key then try unlocking this work on mine as I only had the one key !! Hope it works !!

Oh and if the hazards start flashing you don't need to disconnect the battery just start the car to knock them off it worked on mine !

Try with the window down just in case - switch ignition on press button on drivers door just to open(so you can get out) hold both lock buttons on key down for 10 sec's, get out and lock the door using the blade and when you turn it to lock press lock button on key then try unlocking this work on mine as I only had the one key !! Hope it works !!
sounds a bit confusing to me...lol but i'll try....:confused:
Oh and if the hazards start flashing you don't need to disconnect the battery just start the car to knock them off it worked on mine !
i'll aslo try that,that could save a lot of hastle....

bradderz, did you just do a battery change? correct procedure is press any button on fob then lock or unlock with key within one minute

mad cornish pastie, have you checked batteries in fob
the pressing lock button method doesnt work, you need one key in ign and one key in door lock

remote fob coding

1. insert key into ignition and turn on (turn one notch do not start car) does not matter what type of key as long as it is coded to the immobiliser i.e capable of starting car

2. insert second key (fob type) into drivers door lock and turn to lock car

3. press unlock button on fob once (indicator should flash), wait six seconds press unlock button again, car will unlock, remove key

4. open door and remove key from ignition, close door and press lock/unlock buttons on fob, car should now lock/unlock

to code a second fob

follow steps 1 + 2 using second fob to be coded to lock drivers door then press unlock button twice, wait six seconds and press unlock again, then go to step 4

up to four keys can be coded to the pump, for third key you would press unlock 3 times, wait 6 seconds etc.... if you code key two but only press once it would replace key one as you would be storing it in position one

yes mr olds_kool all the batteries are new now and i bought another fob (tested and same code) as mine.
the trouble is when i get to stage 3 my lights don't flash.
i do have 2 proper keys (1 master and 1 on a flip fob,and also 2 other fobs(3 fobs in total)

Craigs car was doing this, turned out the microswitch in the drivers door was dead, so the locking system didnt realise the drivers door had been locked. He used the passenger door and that sorted it.

May not be whats going on here though.

that might be an idea, i'll nip to the scrappy on my day off on thursday.

just another thought, how should i initially be opening the doors, to set the fob? as the drivers door lock, only opens the the drivers door. wereas the boot opens everything??