New S4 owner - Hello and advice please?

rossbrownlee

Ross_S4
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hello all.
Just bought meself a nice S4 Avant to replace my S3 (Gutted to have to get rid of it...)
Our second sprog will be coming soon so need some more room!

Also have a couple of questions as it has come with a couple of issues....

1 - I assume it is possible to retrofit cruise control to this? I fitted it to my S3 so I know it isnt too hard a job but just checking it is possible on this car (AGB engine).

2 - The rear screen washer isnt squirting. On the S3 a couple of hose joints had come apart, anyone know if and where these are on the S4? Also there was a repair kit available for the S3 rear screen wipe / wash mechanism (the bits inside the 'gearbox' part and the spindle the arm fits onto), anyone know if this is available for the S4?

3 - The air blower isn't working. I have scanned for fault codes and there weren't any so can anyone tell me if it is a common fault for these to stop working? Is it the same as the S3 where you just need to strip out the glovebox to get in at the fan? I checked the fuse at the fusebox on the drivers side of the dash but it was okay.

4 - Reverse gear is a bit noisy. The rest of the gears seem okay and the box changes really smoothly without any graunching or effort, is this common?

Cheers,
Ross.

1. Almost exactly the same job as on the S3 really.

2. One joint behind the kick plate on the passenger side under the glovebox, the other is in the passenger side cubby in the boot, up above.

3. Fan is behind the glovebox as you've said.

Not sure on 4!

reverse is usually noisy on these 6 speed boxes.