Day running lights? Whats your opinion?

J

jonnycraig

Been looking at LED day running lights, I like the idea of them like on the newer Audi's but what would they be like on a B5 and where would they go, if at all?

JC

Frontansicht_beleuchtet.JPG

I hate em.
Reminds me of the fast and the furious and Novas driving around McDonalds car park.

I dont understand why they are so bright or why they are even there.
I thought this is what side lights was for.

But that's just me :)

Don't like them myself, think they look nice on the newer Audis, and they are meant to be there. The ones I've seen fitted to other cars just look cheap.

Same mate, personally dont like them. Only acceptable on cars from factory as they are meant to have them, even at that thou i still dont like some that are fitted as standard, Saab's, Skoda's etc. Most Audi's use better technology and that makes them look that bit better, but still not my cup a tea!

Thanks guys, think we can nail it on the head there. You've all pretty much said what Ive been thinking and just saved myself a few quid and more importantly being laughed at :laugh:

Cheers

Even the newer audis **** me off.

Its just as annoying as folk driving around with their front fogs on, except with the DRL's its not actually illegal :mad:

In fact, if and when I can afford them I will be buying a pair of black lights for my black A4 (b5) :)

Be interesting to seem them on a B5 the lights look like a nice design DRL's or not :)

Get yourself some LED bulbs to replace the standard running lights in the headlight unit. I got some a few months back and think they look ace. People on here agree. Its a happy medium......A pic of mine.

LEDSIDELIGHTS.jpg

and LED plate lights.

LEDPLATELIGHTS.jpg

Think once my car arrives it'll probably be the first cheapy mod I can do as everything is stock on there. However wont be payin a tenner in Halfrauds for the LED side bulbs!!!! Which from my past experiences only ever last a few months which is a bit crap considering LED's are supposed to outlast their glass filament cousins!!

Even the newer audis **** me off.

Its just as annoying as folk driving around with their front fogs on, except with the DRL's its not actually illegal :mad:

Ner Ner, i use my fogs equiped with LEDs as DRLs. I bet that hacks you off.LMAO

Think once my car arrives it'll probably be the first cheapy mod I can do as everything is stock on there. However wont be payin a tenner in Halfrauds for the LED side bulbs!!!! Which from my past experiences only ever last a few months which is a bit crap considering LED's are supposed to outlast their glass filament cousins!!

Don't get Halfords ones! They are expensive as you can them for around £4-£5 delivered from Ebay. I bought some from there before, 9 leds per light and they were brilliant! I still have them hoping that they will fit in my Audi as they were in a scoob I had :(

I had some LED strip day running lights in my B5. They didn't last long. Thought they looked okay for the first day or so... then I saw the light and got rid of them.

Are these LED bulbs any brighter than the standard facelift running lights? As my car has standard facelift lights and the dipped beam performance is sh*t!
I have been wanting to change to upgraded bulbs but have heard this could damage the wiring or loom etc.