Question for Members in the U.S.

ea4771ddy

Reaction score
This may seem a silly question but can anyone who drives a 99-2000 model A4 the United States tell me if your rear indicators flash Amber even though the lens is Red?

Ok.. the lens is red, but it flashes Amber, doesn't seem possible. I think on '99 and earlier there was an orange part of the lens instead of it being all red. If it is a red lense maybe the bulb is amber and causing it to look weird. Just replace it with a clear bulb.

i am not in US but they do flash orange even tho the lense is red, even with clear bulbs, if you are fitting them to an earlier car you will need to swap over 2 wires in the wiring plug

I think the lenses that have rear amber lenses are 1998 model or earlier...

Im with K212 on that one. But as far as your lens being red and the bulb being clear and it still flashing orange?? How is that possible?

Mine is red lens and also blinks red, but mine is a 1998.5. Maybe they changed mid year of 1998?? (over here in the US) That would be my guess. Mawhitney, is yours an early 1998?

I wonder if its cos mine is a UK spec?? mine is a may 98 car, it had the 98.5 lights on it, but as one was cracked i picked up a set of 99.5 for £50 job done. I buy loads of stuff from Ebay.com and Ebay.de, it never entered my head something as simple as the light clusters would be so different

Ahh, i see now. Thats very odd. Im in the US '00 S4 all red and white tail lights and I light up red. I guess if you hate it that much you can switch up your tail lights to a newer year (as long as they fit). I personally think its kinda cool how it looks totally red but flashes orange.. weird.

I think you've all cleared up the confusion for me guys. I was told by someone that I could replace my cracked lens with one from a U.S. spec car from the same year. Just got to be careful when buying second hand parts!