How low if at all?

eoeumc

Reaction score
Website
www.eoeumc.co.uk
Hi there folks.

I bought my car back in December 2010 just before New year and just got some pics up.

Ask some questions but not got very far with most of them :(

Anyway, can you tell me how much my car has been lowered if at all please?

20012011717.jpg

The tyres are 195/65/15 and the seller said the suspension had been lowered by the previous owner!
Now I am thinking if it was lowered I think just the springs were done as it bounces well and corners crap to of been done properly :(

Thank you :icon_thumright:

If it's sport suspension it looks stock to me, if it's non sport I would say it's been lowered around 30-40mm

assuming the wheels are standard its not a sport, but its certainly lower than normal SE ride height.

Perhaps has a 30mm drop on it?

It shouldnt boat around at all.

Before changing any of the suspension though, stick a new set of rear axle bushes into it, as that made a HUGE difference on my old FWD to the boatyness even on the standard suspension.

Before changing any of the suspension though, stick a new set of rear axle bushes into it, as that made a HUGE difference on my old FWD to the boatyness even on the standard suspension.

Which ones Kev? I need to look into this also, on the odd occasion i drove the car the back felt twitchy and bouncy round corners. Also want to re-new/uprate all suspension bushes for track use!

Isnt yours a quattro Mick?

On a FWD the entire axles held on by two large rubber bushes. Unless they've been changed they WILL be humped. Luckily they're about 7 quid each.

On a Quattro theres about 43 thousand bushes back there, all of which will be completely knackered on a 10 year old car.

I've been collecting bits to do mine, baught some alloy subframe bushes which where 80quid, then the rest of the bushes, the arb links, tie rods and a pair of wheel bearings came to about 300quid. When i drop the frame i want to replace the brake pipes/hoses, handbrake cables and beef up all the diff mounts with polyurethane, so thats likely to be another few hundred quid on top.

Is that what there called, rear axle bushes? And are they priced that well from Audi or elsewhere?

And what about the bouncing around in a straight line, would that sort that out too?

Thanks for that info was very helpfull :icon_thumright:

Are they easy to change do you know? And if changed is there anything else that could be changed or need to be changed atthe same time?

Thanks again :yes:

Isnt yours a quattro Mick?

Yep it is mate

On a Quattro theres about 43 thousand bushes back there, all of which will be completely knackered on a 10 year old car.

I've been collecting bits to do mine, baught some alloy subframe bushes which where 80quid, then the rest of the bushes, the arb links, tie rods and a pair of wheel bearings came to about 300quid. When i drop the frame i want to replace the brake pipes/hoses, handbrake cables and beef up all the diff mounts with polyurethane, so thats likely to be another few hundred quid on top.

Excellent!!!! Doh! Why couldnt i be into collecting stamps or some other $hit than cars, i aint had a heavy wallet in ages! Best start making a list up then! Cheers for info Kev.