What specs would a typical 1996 A4 1.9TDI SE (110bhp) have?

J

jonnycraig

I just bought a 1996 A4 1.9TDI 110 bhp SE and was wonderin what the equipment spec is, i used to have a 98 A4 Quattro 2.5TDI which had DIS etc and was wondering what this one will have, as far as I know it has climate if that helps.

Thanks

Jonny

Its either Sport or SE. They also had a basis model wich had no aircon or climate and many of these were Tdi's. If it has 3 spoke steering wheel then its a sport- very unlikely- if it has a 4 spoke steering wheel (either leather or rubber- more likely) then it will be a se. Lift the rear boot carpet and look on the option sticker, it would say there what version is it + it will have all the option codes listed wich were fitted at the factory... It will be a big step down from your a4 quattro, what made you do the swap as its ussualy the other way arround ? I had many 1.9 tdi (i buy cars with broken engines and i fix them) and so far only 2 a4's 1.9 tdi ticked my boxes but were not even a close match with me 98 a4 v6 tdi quattro !?! Dont get me started on fuel consumption as with my driving style the 1.9 will barelly muster 45 Mpg average and the quattro does it at 35 Mpg- wich isnt a strong enough reason for the swap ! Remember, i can fix either engines and while the 1.9 is cheap and easy to fix the v6 on the other hand gives me a few headaches if it goes wrong...Its been pretty reliable in the 30k/3 years i had it and i dont intend to get rid soo quick as its runs better than many.many new cars !

Not sure about a 96, mines a 98 1.9TDI SE.

Mine has the following: alloy wheels, Electric front windows, central locking, Aircon, digital climate control, DIS, Heated front seats.

Im still waitin for the car to arrive from NIreland, this week somepoint I hope, I got a mate to source the car for me hence the questions. Iv noticed on a few of the earlier B5 dash pics there are 4 squares where the DIS would be on a later car, does this mean that there is no driver info at all other than the outside temp?

Jonny

i have a 98 tdi se avant, and it has no DIS or outside temp or heated seats, but it does have climate,hi-fi upgrade, electric windows and roof etc..
I think they could be ordered from new with many different options.

110TDI SE Avant, Sport leather, DIS, Front electric windows, AC, Alloys, 3 Spoke sport steering wheel and Concert stereo with changer.
Now with full electric windows :D

Thanks guys, guess Ill just have to wait and see what Ive got when it arrives, which at the moment seems to be never!!

JC

Can a mod please delete the russian nsfw hijack my thread stuff please!!!

Thanks guys, guess Ill just have to wait and see what Ive got when it arrives, which at the moment seems to be never!!

JC

Can a mod please delete the russian nsfw hijack my thread stuff please!!!

They have been reported to the mods. They will remove it soon as they are here.

Was a bit of a shocker seeing that at 7am. lol