merc e320 driver.... wish he hadn't started a fight with me. I LOVE AUDI's

kriswa428

Reaction score
Last night at the traffic lights on a 70mph A road. Wannabee gangster bloke pulls up in a green merc 320 petrol. Takes one look at me and starts revving the nuts off it. Lights turn green and I am offfffff. Road was a little wet but thanks to Quattro I got a great start....2nd gear is complete madness at full throttle! He was flashing and beeping right up to about 90..... by that point i was 5 car lengths ahead.

This is not me claiming to be an amazing driver :) this is just a testament to such a wonderful car. V6 muscle!!

I'm sure everyone has a story like this right?!

No mate he has a 2.8....The only "madness" I get in mine in second is when I'm listening to them...."our house....in the middle of the..."

haha.... well its all in the adrenaline.... i suppose because mine is manual I got a better response through the box than the merc. No S4 at the age of 19 is a little out of my reach right now!

if it was the E 320 BlueTEC then it shares a similar 0-60 time as the 2.8 (in the 7's) and with 210 bhp its close on power too. I'm guessing its prob got a longer box and is probo heavier. However if it was the CDI then theres no way unless the driver was a colon. They have a similar 0-60 to an S4 an are around 240 bhp I think.....
Funniest "trafffic light race" I had was a few years ago my Saab 9000. 380bhp and fwd which was intersting (and wasted) to say the least! The thing looked like a rusty Heinz can but that was the fun of it! lol! The torque steer was so bad that when the turbo spooled up @4000rpm I couldn't control it with one hand! Needed a firm grip with both (wish I was talking about my......) A impreza STI sides up next to me, the driver looks at the sh*tcan Saab and when the lights turn red he does a hard launch thinking he's away. I floor it and after the front wheels stop spinning I'm past him before he knows it. The look on his face was hilarious! Nothings happened since because A) The 2.8's too slow to race anything interesting and B)I don't enjoy racing around the streets anymore.

yeah it was petrol..... I know the diesel is mean! Yeah I thought it was a pretty good kill in my opinion. I try not to race it too often as it really doesn't deserve the clutch and gearbox abuse. Has anyone upgraded from 2.8/18tq to an S4? If so I would love to know how you rate the s4's performance in terms of a step up?

I remember the day i brought my standard car home i was at some lights on a 70 stretch and a gypsy i know pulled up next to me in a big new merc . He used to have a s4 years ago . Lights go green and im like yeh easy for about 200m then he come steaming past :( I then read the badge on the back E55 AMG !! So i wasnt so embarrased after that. We always have a chuckle about it but hes in a different league with Zonda spiders and lambo LP640s etc

I remember the day i brought my standard car home i was at some lights on a 70 stretch and a gypsy i know pulled up next to me in a big new merc . He used to have a s4 years ago . Lights go green and im like yeh easy for about 200m then he come steaming past :( I then read the badge on the back E55 AMG !! So i wasnt so embarrased after that. We always have a chuckle about it but hes in a different league with Zonda spiders and lambo LP640s etc

Gypsy??????? With cars like that, must have some size of caravan!!!! Lol

I love it when I get young lads giving it the Billy Biggun in their mums car or their own car with fibreglass crap all over it. It's superb fun heel and towing a little silver Corsa TD with "Highway Maintanence" on the back and orange light bar on the roof. They look thoroughly miffed at being whooped by an old bloke wearing a suit in a car like that. lol