facelift bonnet on pre-facelift B5?

riverstyx

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know if a facelift bonnet will fit a pre-facelift car? and if so what other parts would I need to change?

Thanks...

Ok, I know from searching for info that the front slam panels and the part of the bonnet catch that is attached to the slam panel is different between facelift and pfl but wasn't sure if the part of the catch attached to the bonnet was different too... Hopefully it'll just mate nicely with my pre-facelift bottom half...

Ah, I had read that they were under the bonnet and had taken that as meaning they were attached to the underside of the bonnet. If that is not the case I will have to rethink my plans.

My girlfriend had an accident in the car before Christmas, the insurance company have written it off but we have bought it back as cat c salvage. Having stripped the front end last weekend it just needs a new bonnet, a new bumper, and two new headlights, plus a new air-con condenser. I thought I'd take the opportunity to fit a facelift front bumper with fogs and facelift headlights and figured if I was doing so I might just as well fit a facelift bonnet too if it was a straight swap. The car didn't have front fogs at all before so I'll need to get hold of a switch and possibly install the wiring/relay etc if there is no existing loom.

They are attached to the underside of the bonnet.

I think my slam panel might have been changed too, so no guarantee those bits will mate up.

whereabouts are you mate?I'm breaking a facelift avant at the moment

tony

I'm down in Devon (Exeter to be more precise). I've already sourced the bumper & brackets, and the headlights, but still need a bonnet (and air-con condenser - although I think the hose connections on the later condensers are different so probably best stick with pre-facelift for that)

I'm in barnstaple mate,north Devon,and have a facelift bonnet and the aircon bits you need.

tony