1.9 TDi Boost Gauge - Map Sensor?

EdgeyA4

Reaction score
Hi there All, im New to the Forum and to German Tanks lol bare with me,

Iv been searching around the web and on here and cant find a straight forward answer on how to install a boost gauge on a 110 Tdi, I only wont one to Monitor my Boost, as ever since the turbo went on my 306 i have always been weary and Paranoid lol i had a 306 D turbo before and there was a thin Boost pipe leading from the fuel pump to the I/C (Intercooler) Boost Pipe which i tee'd into, but i cannot find one on my Engine, im guessing i can use the I/C Pipe, but obv cant use a T peice as they are tiny,

Can i use a Bleed nipple or are there some adapter i can use to take off the IC pipe?

or Is it possible to T into the pipe that leads to the MAP sensor in the ECU? and can i T into it before the ECU to save taking it apart?

Thanks in Advance

Chris

There should be a vac line between the boost capsule on the fuel pump and the boost pipework, just like your 306.

You can use the line to the ECU if you wish though.

Great, Thanks for the quick responce,

i dont need to break into the ecu to do it do i? i can follow it along abit and T into it further down?

Thanks

yep you can t into it anywhere you like.

I'd open the ECU box cover though and T inside there, as it gives you easy access to the cabin too.

Hi there Again,

I went to do this today but got stuck before i started lol,

When i open up the Black Case with the ECU inside i cant see the MAP sensor or the Boost pipe? i can see the Big Loom that runs up the back of the Bulk head but i cant find where the boost pipe starts where it joins the I/C pipe?

Here are the pips i can see:

IMG_0168.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

Is it anywhere near there? has anyone got a pic?

Thanks in advance

Chris

I've never worked on a diseasel A4, but from what i can tell the MAP sensor is inside the ECU, so surely there must be a boost line running into that black box and into the ECU itself?

I belive there should be also lol but i opened the Black case up and i couldnt see a single Boost pipe there were multiple what looked to be covered looms going into the black box, but where covered in a black fabric, i didnt want to go cutting into it incase i cut a wire, so i would ideally like to know where exactly it is or where it comes off the I/C pipework so im possitvie of where im cutting lol

Thanks for the help

I looked for mine before and couldnt find the thing.