AH FabricationsEM Tuning
    imported_mc119856

VAG retro-fit armrest

Hi all,
    Father Christmas answered my wishes and left an armrest under the tree this year. The thing is i'm not sure if the leather matches my interior. I have half black leather inerior which is quite dark & shiney but the armrest is more of a lighter matt black. the car is five years old so maybe the interior has aged or been sheen-shined by a previous owner. The order was spec'd up form the data sticker.
    Has anyone else out there encountered this before?

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status

Re: VAG retro-fit armrest

Could be that new leather is matt and becomes glossy as it is worn, like the interior is when it gets sat on.
    Leather care restorer/cream may get the rest of the interior back to a more matt finish.

imported_apcourtenay

is that a centre armrest by the handbreak? i'm missing one of them, do you happen to know where to get them from?

thanks!

Turbo Sport

Status

Its entierly up to your self BUT i never use mine personaly i find it a pain in the ar$e it gets in the way of the hand brake !

6th Gear

Status

I dont have one either but think it would be nice sometimes instead of my wrist taking all the weight of my arm on the Auto lever. I do miss manual sometimes didnt matter then cause arm was always moving...lol

Turbo Sport

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    CJ B6 2.0 said:
    I dont have one either but think it would be nice sometimes instead of my wrist taking all the weight of my arm on the Auto lever. I do miss manual sometimes didnt matter then cause arm was always moving...lol

[/ QUOTE ]
    Hey conor we are talking cars here mate none of that language lol [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img]

Yes leather is always hard till "wore in" your arm rest will be the exact same !

6th Gear

Status

HAHAHAHA yeah cheers mate i walked into that one!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img]