Audi A4 1999

FanA4

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am new to the forum so do please be patient if I will be slow...in replying.

I have an Audi a4 '99 auto. It is the best car I've had after so many other models.
Anyhoo I would like to ask the 2 questions:
1- I have my signals stucked (only when I signal it the arrow stays on) without switching on and off.
2 - I have the computer lights (the ones in between the clocks - speed and rot/min or whatever is called) are fading away. I even can not read what it says almost anymore.

Is there anything I can fix myself?? I am good at fixing electrical things....hopefully.

Many thanks,
AA

1- I have my signals stucked (only when I signal it the arrow stays on) without switching on and off.
Signals=indicators?
The relay that controls the indicators is in the hazard switch.
I'd look at replacing that.

2 - I have the computer lights (the ones in between the clocks - speed and rot/min or whatever is called) are fading away. I even can not read what it says almost anymore.
The computer display in the clocks is called DIS.
Is it doing this?

There is DIYs for it but they are not all ways a complete fix.
I sent mine away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, replace the hazard switch and that should fix the turn signals.

DIS is DIYable, but you need to be a master solderer and have a hot air rework station to hand. Its not something you'll be able to do with a 25w soldering iron. Otherwise, its a case of paying out to have it done.

Axios: Who did yours, how much was it and what was the turnaround like? I've heard some complaints about some displays coming back Super Extra Bright with some of the firms, and obviously want to avoid this!

Axios: Who did yours, how much was it and what was the turnaround like? I've heard some complaints about some displays coming back Super Extra Bright with some of the firms, and obviously want to avoid this!

I used theses guys.
Cluster Repairs UK - Instrument cluster speedometer repair, correction, modification and spares.

Turn around was a week, even with the snow issues at the time. They was gerat. can't fault the process at all. They do two different repairs. The cheap option (£120ish) is just replacing the screen and a 12 months warranty. The more costly fix is £140 5 year warranty, new screen, lights, calibration and some other stuff.
The price does very on the clocks and what you want done.

Before:=-
148998_461492781570_677011570_5958797_4366455_n.jpg

After:=-
162813_472926706570_677011570_6127322_4462117_n.jpg