3 button remote and the boot

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
I was playing with VCDS and my new 3 button remote today, I noticed the pump and VCDS would react to the signal from the boot open button.
Nothing happened but the pump would make a relay clicky noise and VCDS would show the signal being received.

To get this button opening the boot, is it a simple case of fitting a boot popper and some springs?

Facelift boots have a different mechanism on the boot, which has electronic pop.

Even the button to open it at the bootlid itself is just an electronic switch to fire the solenoid.

You may be able to fit the facelift mech to your pfl bootlid though, ive just never looked at the bits up close. Might be simpler just to get a facelift bootlid.

Facelift boots have a different mechanism on the boot, which has electronic pop.

Even the button to open it at the bootlid itself is just an electronic switch to fire the solenoid.

You may be able to fit the facelift mech to your pfl bootlid though, ive just never looked at the bits up close. Might be simpler just to get a facelift bootlid.

Cool thanks.
I'll take a look.
Something to keep in mind. :)