Monster MotorsportVolks Autos
    Reverse Gear

Status

Washer fluid leaking away

I have a 2001 A4 Avant. During the recent very cold weather, I found that my headlamp washers appeared to be sticking out from the bumper slightly as if they had skooshed but not retracted fully afterwards - protrusion was only about half an inch or so. I now find that if I fill the washer bottle the bottle empty warning comes on within about half an hour even without using the washers. I suspect a burst pipe or other component damaged due to the fluid freezing. Anyone else had a similar problem and if so, whereabouts did the burst occur? And for starters, how do you get the reservoir/pump assembly out as it seems to be obstructed by the power steering pump header and some other stuff (2.5 V6 TDI engine).

It's going in to get fixed but if it's a simple fix I can probably save the bother of being carless for a day.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    had to change headlamp wash pump on mine not so long ago, passenger wheel off, inner wing sh1t guard off and its behind there. park somewhere dry you should spot roughly where leak is