Rieger RS4

pipewerkz

Reaction score
I had a little incident with the curb the other night and messed up my front bumper a little bit. I have an '00 S4 and am considering buying a Rieger RS4 front end.. He is selling it for $375, do you think thats a bit high? Also, Is this bumper a direct swap? I know that with the OEM RS4 you have to change the fenders as well.

don`t know about the price as not in the US- check out AW and AZ and see how much they normally go for.

Yes they are straight swap- Ive got one myself (posted a few pics on here) and had to take off the bumper bar from old bumper and attach as comes as the skin only-- this will already be done if your buying used? Also they come in with and without cutouts for the headlight washers and with or without foglight brackets so make sure its one you want.S4 fogs wont fit those brackets as such.

but yes the bumper is a stright swap no fender mods needed.

I've just ordered the same bumper and I paid $475 shipped to the UK (from Germany though I think...)

It's not a bad price at all considering that new from Rieger they cost £311 (that's for a bumper WITH Fog Brackets but WITHOUT Headlight Washer Cutouts) so in dollars at the current exchange rate of approx. US$1.9 to GB£1 that's around US$591. Yours would be roughly GB£197...

If it's second hand you have to obviously take into account the cost of getting it sprayed and fitted but you also have to do that with the new one so my advice would be go for it mate! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I can't see spending over $500 for an non-oem bumper. People on ebay are selling the full Rieger kit - RS4 front, v2 sides, and rear add on for $599

Hi Yaseen,

I was just wondering if you have any tips or pointers for the fitment of the RS4 front bumper from Rieger?

I have one and the car is actually at the bodyshop at the moment where they are TRYING to fit it, muppets! Or so I thought...

They have said that they can't see how the old bumper carrier can be removed and re-installed into the new bumper. I've just been over and I'm stumped too to be honest. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Also, the old mounting brackets at the sides of the original bumper would show through the side vents if they fitted properly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif They actually stick out too far at the sides so the side vents in the new bumper hit them when it's put in place and the bumper sticks out too far at the sides... again, very annoying and I cannot see how the hell it's gonna go on... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

I really don't understand what's going on here mate so any light you could shed on the matter would be greatly appreciated...

Many thanks

Tim

P.S. My car is a Dec. '99 (facelift) model if that makes any difference...