PIAA cheap Japanese shi*....

aidank1981

Reaction score
Well after a serious hunt for PIAA h6w fitting sidelights to match my facelift xenon bulbs ones just blown, when checking it just crumbled away in my hands! Checked the other and it did the same! £65 for bulbs that last 6 months and then fall apart on a very rarely used car! Surely this can't be normal or they'd be out of business?
Anyone know any good german competition? 4-6k looking h6w fitting sidelights?

You paid £65 for sidelights, think that northern sea air has got to yer fella lol.

I have had the same pair of PIAA sidelight bulbs for 4 years trouble free. They have been in 3 cars and still going.

They were only £20 iirc and lasted a squilion times longer than the 10 chinese crap ones we tried in the other car.

I think you have been had somehow

£65 god u was raped

well i didnt agree until now! bulbs were ideal (slightly too blue being 6500k) (4300 would have been better) and if i got 4 years life in 3 different cars an if they cost me £20 i still would be....
they wernt from ebay but the below ones are £62? trying to remember where i got them, unfortunately i'm not much of a receipt keeper

PIAA LED 6500K 6W H6W SIDELIGHT BULBS CITROEN C5 ESTATE on eBay (end time 14-Jan-11 20:13:27 GMT)

ordered these in the mean time...

PHILIPS BLUE VISION H6W 6W SIDELIGHTS BULBS 3400K 434 on eBay (end time 30-Dec-10 07:21:15 GMT)

I buy led side light bulbs normally if I can find some decent ones. There are some good one out there but not sure how they compare to the PIAA ones you have had etc.

Had a set like these, they were really good and I would defo buy again :)
9 LED Xenon HID look W5W 501 sidelight bulbs All Colors on eBay (end time 03-Jan-11 20:01:04 GMT)

I still have these in my workshop somewhere as they didn't fit the next car I had :( lol

These were crap and wouldn't touch them again :(
4x 5 LED 360°White T10 Xenon Sidelight Bulb w5w 501 168 on eBay (end time 26-Dec-10 12:20:12 GMT)

Damn site cheaper than your original ones :) lol

And if you remember where you bought the broken one from I would give them a ring and explain to them the situation, I would of thought they would have something on file about the sale etc.