b5 s4 remap should i

nbudwig

Reaction score
Hi everyone just picked up a mint completely std 1 owner w reg s4 advant with 140k fsh recent cambelt & health check done all good. My question is do you think the mileage is to high to remap as i dont want the turbo's or clutch to go or should i leave it as Audi intended.
Thanks for any advice

id remap
and if they go replace with better

It's not a silver one by any chance...? The one that was just sold on eBay?

If it is, it looked like a good motor and I was toying with the idea of trading my M3 for it!

No mate its blue. Thanks everyone looks like a remap then

Good decision!

Your best bets are either MRC or Viper tuning. These are the big boys on the 2.7T scene.

415 hp! what other mods are needed to get that figure? apart from the map!

thanks .peter.

K04 turbos (from RS4), intercoolers, exhaust, injectors and fuel pump. Some people have hit closer to 450bhp on the same spec as me, I went for a 'conservative' map (ie: I asked for low boost) from MRC.

Quite a few guys going for big power in the S4 these days (700+bhp)!!!

Definately map it!!! You can't have a car with all that potential and not use it!!

We are currently offering 30% off RRP on all the Custom-Code software.

If you have any questions or queries please do not hesitate to give us a call on 01246 455 005!

Seb Hampson
Parts/Sales Advisor

The stage 1 remaps in general are pretty subtle as far as the engine is concerned,

a well written file will have smooth transitions in the torque limit maps and the boost limiters the same.

the difference however in drive and delivery is well worth it.

there are quite a few different files about these days, the good ones offer this smooth power. Some of the ones I have seen have big hits of power which make the car feel faster but infact are no where near as good. They also put strain on the mounts, turbos and general components. So choose wisely.

Andy

Go for the remap like everyone is saying. Makes a massive difference. My clutch and turbo's touch wood are still ok.

Hi had it mapped yesterday at Amd.
Thanks to everyone for the advice

what do you think of it now then? how much is it for a map from amd

thanks .peter.

Hi well impressed very quick car now. The map was £499inc vat for a custom map