Bleed Clutch slave cylinder

Cam

Reaction score
Hi im new to this forum. ive recently bought an A4 1.8T quattro 1999 model. I tried to bleed the clutch slave cylinder with a gunsons eezibleed. It was on 10psi and the pressure cracked the brake master cylinder resovoir. Luckily the crack is near the top wich i have sealed temporarily with some silicon sealant. Does anyone know of a method of bleeding the clutch slave cylinder without using an eezibleed? Your comments will be appreciated.

Use a vacuum pump on the bleed nipple. I did the same with less pressure than that the tank gets very brittle with age mine was about 7 years old got one free from a breaker be carefull when you fit the new one if its not new.

Thanks for your reply where can i get a vacuum pump. Ive never seen or used one before.

Try ebay or a good motor factors the ones designed for bleeding have a tank that holds the fluid you draw off. They work very well and no leaks or mess. I hope you washed off any fluid that escaped when the tank went or you will damage the paint.

That will do the job also good for testing vacuum operated valves, sensors, hard to bleed brakes with abs and draning/sucking liquids out of difficult places.

just get a new resovoir and use the easybleed with less pressure

The brake fluid will just dissolve the silicone and it will start leaking all over your paint work.

I blew my first one by sticking 35psi into it. Since then i've managed to bleed it by keeping it around 8-10psi

This might explaine what happened to mine.
My resovoir is cracked just above the fluid line, I was told it happened just after the new ABS system was fitted.
I keep meaning to pop to Audi and pick a new one up (£35) but never get round to it.

8-10psi on a new resovoir will be ok?

I've not looked in to how to replace the resovoir yet, I assume its just a lift off the old one and push the new one in?

Is there a special way to bleed these brakes or brake bleeding option to run on VCDS?

Last edited:
ye i just pulled it off, with a small tub to catch the fluid.

Didnt even need to bleed it, as the fluid sitting in the stubs stops any air getting into the MC.

Just bleed as normal.

I've bled mine and Craigs S4 at 8-10psi and not had any problems. You can see the resovoir swell up though, even at 8psi. Its clearly very weak.