turbo

dublinS4

Reaction score
Can anyone help? I dont want a loud bov, but id like something that would give me a different sound htan stock. Ive an exhaust, but id like a little something between shifts.... a light flutter perhaps! any ideas?
cheers

The best thing to do would be to put an open cone air filter on your car. This way you can hear the dv louder and you cant really put a bov on these as they wont run right also a filter should be around the same price if not cheaper than a bov. I take it yours is a 1.8t ?

The carbonio on mine definately increases the dv noise for sure - i love it!

I forgot to say that you can also turn the dv to the side which does make it slightly louder i have done this on mine and it does work but i would only do it on the stock valve as from what iv heard the metal ones make funny noises lol. You do this by swapping the tip end to the turbo and vice versa so the vac line will be on the side instead of the top.

Like Bengal said open cone filter and maybe upgrade the stock recirc valve to a forge bov I've got the splitter on mine doesn't sound like a scooby (loud as f**k) but sounds good on gear changes and is a bit louder with my k&n fitted and it's adjustable to.

I forgot to say that you can also turn the dv to the side which does make it slightly louder i have done this on mine and it does work but i would only do it on the stock valve as from what iv heard the metal ones make funny noises lol. You do this by swapping the tip end to the turbo and vice versa so the vac line will be on the side instead of the top.

Are you suggesting moving the valve or reversing the direction the valve is installed?

Because the stock bosch valve should only be installed 1 way if the car is chipped. If it goes in backwards at chip boost levels the diaphram will rip.

Are you suggesting moving the valve or reversing the direction the valve is installed?

Because the stock bosch valve should only be installed 1 way if the car is chipped. If it goes in backwards at chip boost levels the diaphram will rip.
Yeah thats what i mean iv seen on other threads that people have done it and they have had no problems. I have only had mine this way for about a month so what your saying could happen and if it does its not a big deal as they are not much and take 2 mins to replace. The diaphrams rip on the stock valves anyway i have had to replace 2 so far and they were in the normal way round.

Well Audi actually installed them both directions at the factory, which is fine for stock boost levels. Problem comes when the boost is increased putting too much pressure on top and under the diaphram. They last much longer when installed correctly with the boost going into the side port and the bottom port used as the return.

I used to run a Bosch 110 valve with no problem, put it in my friends car the same way his stock valve which turned out to be backwards and the 110 valve failed in 1 day even though he was running less boost then I was.

Well Audi actually installed them both directions at the factory, which is fine for stock boost levels. Problem comes when the boost is increased putting too much pressure on top and under the diaphram. They last much longer when installed correctly with the boost going into the side port and the bottom port used as the return.

I used to run a Bosch 110 valve with no problem, put it in my friends car the same way his stock valve which turned out to be backwards and the 110 valve failed in 1 day even though he was running less boost then I was.
I didn't know about audi fitting them both ways like i said i first heard it on here. Ive had mine this way for about a month now but to be fair i had boost leaks up until last week when i fixed them so obviously the boost was not as high. Im still going to leave mine as it is and if it does split i will know why. It doesn't bother me if i have to replace it again because of this but i will put the next one in the right way if it does lol. Do you mean the 710N valve off the tt's ? This is the one that i am using.

I didn't know about audi fitting them both ways like i said i first heard it on here. Ive had mine this way for about a month now but to be fair i had boost leaks up until last week when i fixed them so obviously the boost was not as high. Im still going to leave mine as it is and if it does split i will know why. It doesn't bother me if i have to replace it again because of this but i will put the next one in the right way if it does lol. Do you mean the 710N valve off the tt's ? This is the one that i am using.

No I meant the 110 valve which was used on a porsche turbo car. That was the valve of choice before people started using the 710N valve. I ran the 110 back in 2000-2001 when I was running a K03 pushing around 250hp. I went to a metal body piston valve when I started running the PES T28 so GIAC could tune it.

Yes going to a metal valve is a better choice, just have to remember to clean/lube it once in a while.

Just go forge then u will have no problem ripping anything :) ha
I have considered getting a forge valve but for the price i don't think its worth it imo as you don't gain much if anything from them apart from the look which doesn't interest me tbh. The 710N's last for a year roughly and cost about £25 so it would take 3 years to break even with the cost lol and you still have to service the forge valves every year so it still costs more for the springs and grease as well as being ****'d to service it lol.

No I meant the 110 valve which was used on a porsche turbo car. That was the valve of choice before people started using the 710N valve. I ran the 110 back in 2000-2001 when I was running a K03 pushing around 250hp. I went to a metal body piston valve when I started running the PES T28 so GIAC could tune it.

Yes going to a metal valve is a better choice, just have to remember to clean/lube it once in a while.
Ive never heard of that one tbh apparently the 710N is good for around 250 bhp and im not running anywhere near that hence why im using them thanks for the info though :thumbsup: