forge splitter dump valve

welchy28

Reaction score
hi there, ive just fitted a forge splitter dump valve on my A4 18T 2002. but not sure if i have fitted it right as it sounds the same as the stock unit.i have a k&n induction lit fitted and that is were u hear it from it makes a flutter sound.....even tho the forge has a trumpet it still comes from the filter also should the sound be a tooosh not a flutter.....has anybody got 1 fitted..thanx ady

How have you got it setup? Hybrid? Blowoff or fully recirc? Fully blowoff will make most woosh noise when releasing throttle. It will sound louder after a remap with higher boost pressures. You may need to adjust the tension by rotating the spring load. Have a read of the instructions that come with it :)

ive got it set up as hybrid, just put me original air box back on n now i cant hear nothing.at the moment the spring load is rotated right to the top (so its soft) is it poss av done ewt wrong..

I have one on mine and it sounds just as it did with standard airbox on with my k&n fitted but looking to get it remapped because at low revs you get a hisss rather than a woosh it only sounds good changing from 1st to 2nd or 2nd to 3rd at high revs when it at a high boost range. I have mine set up to dump straight in to the TIP and it's about 8 clicks clockwise.

Sounds like you have it setup to just act like a BPV. If you have the spring tension set too soft it will cause it to flutter. Best to start around half way and work your way in either direction depending on how the car acts. You dont want to set it too hard other wise you can get compressor surge.

That valve is pretty much the same as the GFB FX Stealth I used to run on my A4.

If you still get flutter thats the turbo stalling, so the dump valve is'nt actually doing what its supposed to be doing. The dump valve is designed to avoid exactly this!

Reduce the load on the spring a little, not so much that you get a boost leak. Where did you install it?

I guess you missed this post of his.

at the moment the spring load is rotated right to the top (so its soft)

Flutter can also be the sound of the valve opening/closing a few times instead of staying open till all the pressure is released.

When adjusting these type of valves you can do it by feeling the opening of the BOV outlet side to see if the valve is closed during idle. You do not want it open at idle if the maf is still being used.

hi found the problem, it was the vacume pipe..had a big whole in it so ive replaced it......still needs setting up as its not very loud lol.....does any one know how to make it fully blow off,is it still a direct fit..

You cant, there is no adjustment to how much it is a BOV or BPV. To make it 100% BOV or BPV you have to remove the outlet and replace it with a plug.

Please take note: the adjustment knob on the SPLT-R valve is NOT a means by which to adjust the
atmospheric noise level of the valve. It is solely a means by which to adjust spring pre-load. We have
specifically designed this product with specific tolerances that restrict re -circulating and atmospheric
function to a level that will ensure no adverse affects on the engine manageme nt system (ECU), fuel
trims, mass airflow meter, etc. This ensures no possibility for check engine lights or fault codes of any

kind unless in such an instance where the user may be using the valve fully atmospherically.

You can find this info on this PDF file
There are pictures in there showing what the valve looks like with the plug installed and the bottom rotated.

So the Forge Slitter valve is more like the GFB hybrid not the FX stealth which can be adjusted anywhere between full BOV to full BPV.

Last edited:
You cant, there is no adjustment to how much it is a BOV or BPV. To make it 100% BOV or BPV you have to remove the outlet and replace it with a plug.

You can find this info on this PDF file
There are pictures in there showing what the valve looks like with the plug installed and the bottom rotated.

So the Forge Slitter valve is more like the GFB hybrid not the FX stealth which can be adjusted anywhere between full BOV to full BPV.

thanx for the pics....but how do i connect it back on the car if i remove the outlet pipe.....the large pipe on the car will be open...if ya know wat i mean...

You just use another plug to replace the return hose that goes back to the turbo inlet hose. Forge actaully sells that part and is included with there BOV kits for the 1.8t. You can also just get a plug from the hardware store that will fit into the turbo inlet hose to do the same thing.

Forge Motorsport | Alloy Fabrication