******** rear caliper

S4twiggy

Fully Certified Detailer!!
Reaction score
Right lads last week i changed my rear pads to some EBC redstuff, when the caliper(passenger side) was off we realised the piston had seized so we cleaned and replaced with new seals and job done. while i was out earlier for a 30mile drive the car felt sluggish and the back end was twitchy(felt like it was swaying) so once i arrived at my destination i saw and smelt the passenger rear side brake was cooking and the wax that was on the wheel had been ****** so turned back and headed home. just as i got to home my car honestly felt like my wheels were loose as the back end felt like it was swaying the other way across the road so pulled over and nothing loose and all seems fine. so im stumped now on what this problem can be with the caliper, as its new seals and the piston has been cleaned so i can eliminate a seal gone but what else would cause a caliper to seize open too much on the pads on one side only(passenger)

need help with this one guys as i have to go to yorkshire next week so hope i can sort it quickly. just out of interest just in case the caliper is ******** and i need a new one how much are these days with the stealers and TPS does anyone know?

cheers

Was the handbrake cable and lever on the caliper free? I had one that was stiff and held the pads on quite tight, very hot and smelly after a 5 mile round trip.

Was the handbrake cable and lever on the caliper free? I had one that was stiff and held the pads on quite tight, very hot and smelly after a 5 mile round trip.
A guy on SRS recommended leraving off the handbrake cable to see what that will do so shall do this first to see what is up with it. anyone know the price of a new caliper or Handbrake cables are for the S4

if i could afford it mate i would but i cant spend anything yet so gona try out the handbrake cable first, ill leave them off the caliper and go for a drive to see what happens, hopefully its just a case of the handbrake cable needs changing otherwise im ********

after leaving yours earlier i thought my rear wheel was about to come off as the back end was all over the road, quite scary how it done that on its own. FOOKING CARS