Petrol Warning Light

Lowride

Reaction score

Does anybody know roughly how many miles can be done once the warning light has came on to say that you have low petrol?

I did have a look in the manual a while ago but I think said something like how much petrol was left, not a rough estimate of how far you could still travel. Just pretend I was driving at 60mph

Thanks

Thanks for the replies..

The warning light came on whilst I was driving to work the other day. I had about 10 miles to go until the nearest petrol station, I was fairly confident I`d make it but at least I now know in case of a real emergency

I know its not really a good idea to let it get that low in the first place! I`ve also noticed that the needle tends to go from being just in the red to all of a sudden dropping right into it in the space of about two miles

I can get almost 200 miles on £20 of unleaded. I think thats pretty good. I do about 35 miles a day and don`t really go above 60mph

Exactly the Same as AndyMac! On the motorway you should be able to to 500 + miles though. No better car for motorway driving but in the city....forget it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[ QUOTE ]
fallmonk said:
Hi mate ,
im about £45 from the 1st red line , and that gets me roughly 300-350 mls generaly i just use the local esso dealler, but to be fair i have a "lead" foot ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh Dear..... I must havea bigger "Lead Foot" then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif . I too use local Esso Garage and in general, only get between 210 - 240 miles to a tank full (About £45). However my place of work is only about 2 miles away and therefore short distances 5 days a week.
Totally agree though on long distances - did Great Yarmouth and back on one tank with fuel to spare when I got home (about 350 miles round trip).

I found Optimax seems to give slightly better fuel economy, but you have to use it over a few tankfuls for the ECU to adjust.

Cheers Andy and I have heard before that Optimax is better - Not just economy ut for the engine / performance. However where I live, it would probably cost me a tenner in fuel to get to the nearest shell garage and back !!! Can't believe it - There used to be loads of Shell garages near me and now, *****n Tesco and Esso seem to have cornered the market in Derbyshire. Even Esso have now stopped doing there "Super" which was the same RON as Optimax I believe - I dont mind that bit extra if it's better for the car.

this weekend i finally realised im at a point in my life where im doing o.k cash wise....
the petrol warning light and bleep came on and having never seen it before,i [censored] myself for a moment, wondering what was beeping ........
makes a change from all those years of driving round on fumes !!!
ha ha ha....