alarm siren

205man

Reaction score
does anyone know what each of the 3 wires does that connect into the rear alarm siren of a 99 saloon?, my siren has died from the dreaded leaking internal batteries and has damaged the circuit board to much to repair,

but i got hold of a repalcement siren from a mate, it doesnt have battery backup but im not to worried about that at the mo is just need to know which wires do what........it may not work but id like to give it ago if someone can tell which wire is which

thanks

and i bet itll still come up with "alarm siren - no communication" and wont work.

just fit a proper siren? there not expencive?

i got one for about 20 from an A8 that was only a few years old on ebay.

The wires are, 12v live, ground, data.

Its not just a dumb siren, the siern and the alarm talk to each other over the data wire.

not as expencive as they could be.

get a good second hand one? cut it open round the sealed join and replace the 32p battery and glue gun it back together for peace of mind?

replace the battery with what tho as the orignal battery manafucture has gone bust,

aragon, do you have a part number for the a8 one? as they seem to come up for sale more often and didnt know if there were different ones

not worth trying to replace the battery, I tried matching the original batteries with 4 nicad's. didnt work, charged but I still threw a code.

sits under my desk now, problem solved

Hi guys, sorry to regen an old post but I have a problem with my alarm siren. It doesn’t work. I’ve had two off eBay both of which sellers told me the sirens worked. I plugged them in and left for 24hours to build charge in battery pack, they don’t throw a code either. I’ve set the alarm off and it’s silent. Is there a reason the sirens won’t be working or have I been unlucky?
I’ve cut one open to check battery’s and you can’t get them anymore or a battery similar.
Any help would be appreciated thank you guys.