Need some help

tazzy baby

Welsh & Proud
Reaction score
Can any one out there help me,,

I lost the keys to my car and now im stuck. Byzan gave me some advice ( Thanks dude ) to contact a mobile locksmith,, but OMG they want a small ransom that i just dont have. i have a spare key but no chip, so is there any one out there close to me that could do the job please

take it to audi/vw to get it coded?
will be cheaper than you think

if theres no chip in key audi wont be any use

www.hickleys.com sell transponder chips, does mark (byzan a4) live near you? think he's got vag tacho

clutching at straws here dont suppose your contents insurance would cover loss of keys in the home?

If you got a key could you not recode it using vagcom? Im unsure of how the immobilizer works. Otherwise you could possibly just buy a replacement ECU and immob unit with a matched key. Scrappers may have one for cheap.

Hi, I have a spare key with a "chip" somewhere (2 button remote non switch blade type). I bought it off ebay a little while ago as a spare but never used it. It would need to be coded to your ecu and a new blank cut.

can the coding be done in house, or does a main dealer have to do it?

well i may be able to help when you get a blank chip
i programmed one for my A6 and was able to extract the pin from my A4 to do the same if needed.
it was easy to get the pin from the a4 was harder on the a6
i used vag tacho for the pin and key coding
Im in south wales too