Wiper Motor

tdia4

TDIPOWARRR
Reaction score
Right im not sure if this is to do with the cold or the wiper motor is packing in.

Basically they will work fine then stop, then if i give the motor a whack they will work again but then after abit they will stop again, any ideas?

This the front wiper motor?

My rear one was doing the same sort of thing, i stripped it down, gave it some grease and put it back together.
Its now working fine.

The front, back doesn't have a wiper on mine, I may give that a try when it gets abit warmer, or get car in garage to sort it.

There is an endemic problem with VAG wipers which leads to them being sluggish or even stopping at random points on the screen. It seems that the wiper spindles corrode and seize up. If the fault is not fixed, the motor ends up stripping the nylon gears in the mechanism. Solution is to remove the wiper assembly, dismantle and grease with a suitable grease (molybdenum maybe?). I have had that on at least 2 of my A4s. Also had a wiper motor failure on my current one - result was that wiper wouldln't self park and kept going until it stopped at random, and intermittent wouldn't work.