Initial bulb test sysmbol on DIS issue

Oranoco

Reaction score
Website
www.passionford.com
An annoying issue started with this yesterday... I start the car depress the brake pedal and get the OK in the DIS. A few moments later I get the bulb in brackets symbol come up and stay on (but no beep). As far as I can tell all bulbs are fully functional with no problems.

When I got to the office today I restarted the car and now it would appear the bulb in brackets symbol remains on even after depressing the brake pedal :(

Any ideas as I hate having lights up on the dash :(

assuming you have visualy checked all bulbs to make sure they are working.

It could be there is dodgy contact on a bulb.
The bulb check system works on resistance.
If the rear bulbs, lets say the brake lights, are generating to much resistance but still working it would flag up as a bulb gone.

I'd be tempted to check connections on the rear lights first. Make sure they seated correctly and got nice clean contacts.

I also hate error lights on my dash but it be ok if i could see what my DIS is erroring at. my screen has comeplty failed. :(

Mums A4 recently had the same intermittent warning, and i checked it for her assuming a blown bulb but everything seemed fine.

2 days later it failed the MOT for a blown brake bulb.

I can only imagine one of the bulbs was dying.

The symbol also clearly identifies if its brake bulbs or normal lights. If it has the brackets round it, then its brakes.

The load sensor also checks the middle brake light, so perhaps there are some blown bulbs in there?

Well despite me checking earlier and all bulbs being ok when I checked again at lunch the o/s brake light bulb was out. Unfortunatel all my car spare bits n bobs are in my mums garage so I'll have to sort it tomorrow. Hopefully that'll be done and dusted then.