Wobbly drivers seat...advise

bad-vw-boy

Reaction score
hi all ...just looking for some advise, my drivers seat has a slight wobble , any ideas what it could be...i know that in my vw's they use to have plastic clips which the seat would sit in on the runner and these used to get worn ...is it the same on the audi..:unsure:

i'd like to know too, my passenger is always wobbling about so i assume my drivers does the same if i'm not in it

mine struggle to move on the runner. you really have to put some effort into moving the seats. passengers wose then drivers.

are the seats fairly easy to remove as no one seems to know about the runners?

Seats are a doddle to remove! Remove the retaining pin at the front, remove the two plastic trims at the back of the rails and slide the seat backwards. Easy as that. You might find that the wobbling is due to play in the seat itself and has nothing to do with how there seated in the rails. If you look carefully you will see the joins on the bits on the seat that move (reclining etc). On mine, they are the culprits! Short of welding them up theres nothing that can be done really.

it does sit on plastic guides and they do wear.

Drivers seat in mine wobbles like a goodun, I've looked under and you can clearly see the guide moving around. I need to get to the dealer and order some new guides, but i've been lazy.

My passenger seat rattles and squeaks like mad when there's no one sat in it and so would the drivers too I think if I wasnt sat in it. My squeaks and rattles all seem to come from where the seat back is attached tho...

I've had four seats in my car now and none of them ever had play in the rails/guides! Always been in the joins. Aragorn, you must have had some heavy **** bods sittin in that car at some stage! Lol!

phoenix: rofl, its been like that since i bought it, only realised what it actually was a few weeks back.

Seemingly the same plastic guides have been used for years, including on the old Audi 80/100 models, and its reasonably common for them to wear out causing the seat to rock like mine.

My drivers seat has rocked for ages, but this week it finally gave up the ghost entirely and now the whole thing lifts backwards!

The welds at the front of the seat base have given up :(

Time for a leather interior!! (but will buy some new plastic guides too!)