quattro performance back box needed

jamie226bhp

Reaction score
As above i need a milltek or similar back box for my 1.8t quattro have the cat back in milltek already but a new back box is about £230 and i'm on a budget,

What diameter are they as the milltek is 2.75 I think wad looking at getting a universal one and making it fit but they only come in 2.5 and 3 inch

S4 is just over 2.5 iirc.

Still i'd rather nail on a nice OEM S4 backbox than bodge in a universal thing, and they can be picked up for buttons.

Them Xs power stainless ones go silly cheap sometimes. May be worth taking a punt and then getting a 2 into 1 adapter made to fit it

I have an OEM S4 system on mine from just in front of the mid box back

will rs4 back box work with a little modding as just trying to give myself more options

I suspect the tailpipes on the RS4 one wouldnt fit all that well, but the backbox itself will fit, and it will be a closer match to your 2.75" system too.

suitcase box?

There are only two boxes in an S4 system, the backbox and the middle box. The middle box has a Y on its inlet, then a single 65mm pipe from that to the back box.

Mark cut off the Y, and welded a 3" pipe on instead, linking that to the 3" downpipe/cat that he also installed at the same time.