Heated Seats

Sulli79

Reaction score
Hey Guys

Was rooting around under my seat (dropped my phone) and noticed that I have the green connector on my seat.
Am I right in thinking this is for the heater element?

Just want to check before I commit to a kufatec loom and a replacement climate panel>

Cheers

Not sure, is there any air bag connectors down there?

This is what I have

DSC02078.jpg

Just been to check mine because its got heated front seats and it does have a plug in the green connector if thats any help.

Just imagine you hadn't dropped your phone you would of never known and neither would I haha going to check mine out tomorrow let's us no in PM if you get it sorted sulli

the green plug is for heated seats, but good look trying to find a heater panel with switches
i gave up and bought a complete car with heated seats to break

would have to be my favourite mod at this time of year though

take it those seats arent factory then

the green plug is for heated seats, but good look trying to find a heater panel with switches

I found it was cheaper to get one from the US because even with shipping it was still cheaper than the prices people wanted for them over here.

They are factory but a rare option when I've been looking about I've only ever found 4 Inc mine with these seats. Here's a pic
Picture 13 of 13 from Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Sport

Last edited:
Olds_kool
Your right about the panel with the switches! Got one from the US, just hope when it turns up it's not from a double din car!
I have the factory half leather recaros in my one. Just like Bradderz ones above.

Cerips
Spot on, worked out about a fiver more than one in the UK without the seat controls. Might get a customs charge when it arrives, but not to bothered about that.

Last edited:
Ok loom and replacement climate panel have arrived today. Going to start this at the weekend, will update with pics then.

i know recaros where an option but if fitted from factory, why arent they wired up?

you sure they werent added by a previous owner

I think it was an optional extra but I think the heating elements are manufactured to the seats so there are there but not wired up.

i know recaros where an option but if fitted from factory, why arent they wired up?

you sure they werent added by a previous owner

I've got all the info from when the car was new they are listed on the bill of sale. I can only imagine that either recaro only made one batch of seats, or when my car was made thats all they had in the stores?

Ok removed the seats, fitted the loom and control panel, refitted the seats, then when I went to connect up, no connector on the passenger seat! I had just assumed that as there was one on the drivers seat they both had them-silly me! So still don't have heated seats! Will look into getting the heater pads and fitting them to the passenger seat, but think that will have to wait till the new year. Failure

I guess when the seats were being ordered from the supplier it was more economical to buy a whole consignment with elements for heated seats in already? Maybe you got unlucky and got seats from two batches!

I guess when the seats were being ordered from the supplier it was more economical to buy a whole consignment with elements for heated seats in already? Maybe you got unlucky and got seats from two batches!

Maybe. I should have checked them both before I started!

I checked mine yesterday and same as u sulli only the one connector and it's on the drivers seat ?? I'm not to sure what Audi did when installing these seats but I'm not fussed as they are one of the best I've seen in any b5 a4 IMO