Dash bulb LED kit?

ScottyP45

Reaction score
Anyone seen an LED kit to replace the instrument cluster bulbs? I cannot believe it but not one listing on ebay....wtf?

Mine are intermittently out / dim at certain patches - the diesel vibe usually wakes em up again but would like to swap them for leds (and all the tail, side and indicators too) as diesels like to bust lamps from vibrations more than others Id say and leds are tough.

Dash kits tho, seem to be non existent for the B5 :blink: just want standard red ones as well!

Early cars like yours have multiple normal bulbs, but they changed over to LED illumination in 97 or 98 and the LEDs are surface mounted onto the PCB.

Presumably thats why theres no kits available!

good point mate, but havent you seen the general purpose led kits they used to have on ebay, was for T5 wedges or something, I wonder if thats the kind of bulb shape fitted to the prefacelift dash? Come to think of it, probly more like T509's push and turn jobs...?

If its got the lcd display in the middle the rest are solder in type leds

nah its not that fancy, no DIS in dis badboy (bad pun, but heh) just the trip and odometer are digi.

It runs on coal.....lol

my '96 had a DIS and twist-fit filament bulbs.

I know this because about 4 of them failed within about 100miles of each other, leaving huge swathes of the cluster in darkness.

As i said above, all early cars have twist fit bulbs, LED's came in around 97, probably when they moved the immo to the instrument cluster.

nice one, thats a buy on ebay then!

yeah mine is blacked out above the 100mph marker.....and half the clock.