1997 a4 exhaust

tlatts

Reaction score
hey ive got a 1.8t and was wondering what would be the best exhaust system that had a nice european throb without being too loud at idle :blackrs4:

miltek mate sounds good. the 1.8t doesnt have a very nice sound anyway but thats probably the best one on it I reckon.

Milltek are overpriced and certainly not high enough quality to justify the money.

Personally, i'd be going to a local exhaust shop, and getting them to make one that does the job.

just to jump on the bandwagon as i'm looking at an exhaust and have 2 options custom exhaust place is about £400 cat back and i can get a milltek for the same money so what do you guys think would be better

lol, another tight jibe, mah sides are hurtin :)

seriously I tend to go for what I can afford after a lifetime of 5 kids eating their way through my wages but if youve cash to splash then go for a custom one then, stainless lasts forever anyway so you'll never have to change it unless you dont like the sound or droning or something but most good custom fitments should be ok for those things.

Custom pipes arent usually that expensive, and a custom replica of the milltek will probably be cheaper, and you get exactly what you asked for, and a local contact to put things right if it doesnt fit properly etc.

Personally, i'd use the opportunity to build a proper future proof system, 3" pipework built from the turbo back, with a sport cat included on bolt in flanges or vbands.

is anyone else finding it difficult to concentrate on what im saying with this sig?? lol

:rulez::rulez::rulez::rulez:

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks guys, yeah ill just take it to my local shop, the only problem is they work on JDMs so idk

Custom pipes arent usually that expensive, and a custom replica of the milltek will probably be cheaper, and you get exactly what you asked for, and a local contact to put things right if it doesnt fit properly etc.

Personally, i'd use the opportunity to build a proper future proof system, 3" pipework built from the turbo back, with a sport cat included on bolt in flanges or vbands.

For a 3" single box system decat back was £450 from solid fabrications or I need to get it on some ramps and order the parts and get my mate to weld it all together but that's long