Exhaust Flexi pipe

NineNails

Proud sponsor of the snack food industry
Reaction score
Evenin'
It's started blowing slightly from the flexi joint on the exhaust. Is the joint replaceable on its own? the rest of the exhaust is in good shape. If so, does anyone have a link or the specs to what flexi joint I need?
Ta

Hi Si, 'If', its the same set up as the A6 of the same year etc, then the flexi is a separate item, I have just dropped one onto an A6, part price trade is around £70-£80 ish, but does vary from place to place considerabley, some places quoted £55, some £97!!! An exhaust centre quoted £115 ish fitted.

Si.

part of the downpipe isnt it on the 1.8T.
Pretty sure.

taht said it could be cheaper to replace the flexi and have it welded on than replace the whole post CAT pipe.
depends on what you can find. I have a 18t quattro pipe from my car that is lying around, will see if I can dig out the front pipe to see what it looks like.

Yes on the B5 it's part of the downpipe as the cretins at Powerflow loused mine up (despite me standing with the guy under the car telling him how I wanted it before he then promptly ignored me) and I then had to shell out £100 at another place to weld in a temporary replacement as the pattern downpipes I looked at were of a seriously poor quality :(

i had to replace one of mine last year, got a stainless one from ebay about 25 quid then had it welded in, goes without saying it has to be straight or pipe wont go back on

Oh well, thanks for the replies people. Looks like I'll just bung it at my local exhaust place and see what they can do.
Cheers

who did you get to do yours in the end oranco ?

Sorry mate not been on line for a bit. R-Tec in St Albans sorted it for me in the end. Tuidy job they made of it considering the mess they had to try and sort. Whole thing has been skipped now though in favour of a full Milltek :)